What is the danger of preeclampsia
Almost 30% of women suffer from preeclampsia during pregnancy. Preeclampsia is characterized by 3 symptoms: swelling of the body, the appearance of proteinuria, high blood pressure. In consequence of preeclampsia may include the following health issues: eclampsia and preeclampsia. Eclampsia in pregnancy is manifested in 69-74% of women. In the ancestral period, it arises from 26-29% in the first 3 days from the moment of birth eclampsia appears in 1-2% of cases. Preeclampsia and eclampsia is a real threat to life for both mother and child.
Factors that trigger the occurrence of preeclampsia and eclampsia
The causes of eclampsia and preeclampsia, has been insufficiently studied, so clearly they cannot be listed. But it is possible to list the factors causing these complications, they are as follows:
- Aged primiparas women. The first pregnancy is usually difficult because the body is not yet able to distribute the load throughout the body is true. For the first time he is forced to work in this mode.
- Age factor. Namely, to be younger than 18 or older than 35.
- Propensity. History is eclampsia or pre-eclampsia.
- The genetic factor. Preeclampsia on the mother.
- The presence of hypertension before pregnancy.
- Obesity 2 or 3 degrees.
- Some fruits develops inside the womb.
- The presence of endocrine abnormalities such as diabetes.
- Problems with the kidneys.
- A weak immune system.
In addition to these three symptoms, including hypertension, reaches up to 140/90, has symptoms which may be suspected eating disorders of brain vessels. Such symptoms include:
- appearance before the eyes foreign objects: flies, spots, stars;
- sudden dizziness or sudden pain in the head;
- dyspepsia: vomiting, nausea;
- pain under right rib or in the stomach;
- the nose began to breathe;
- ringing in the ears;
- very heavy head;
- problems with sleep: want to sleep during the day and don’t want the night;
- nervousness, psychasthenia, apathy.
For the diagnosis of preeclampsia prescribe methods of laboratory diagnosis:
- Reduction of BCC.
- The increase in the number of red blood cells, hemoglobin, increased platelet stickiness, and too low degree of bonding of albumin, elevated level of prothrombin in the blood, changing the number and properties of blood cells.
- Kidney problems is determined as follows. Examine urine and blood. In the urine may be increased rate of protein over 300 grams. on the daily amount of urine. In the blood by uric acid, creatinine, nitrogen and other impurities.
- Liver problems are detected by tests.
Failure to recognize preeclampsia, it will go into eclampsia.
It is characterized by all of the previous symptoms, and they are attached with convulsive syndrome. Convulsive syndrome has several stages:
- Lasts 30 seconds. characterized by small podergivaniah first person and then switches to the hands are the hands greatly reduces the spasm, and then there is a characteristic position of the hands called «hand of the obstetrician». The gaze fixed at one point, his eyes are dilated. The eyeball tries to roll under the upper eyelid, and the corners of the lips, on the contrary, down.
- There are cramps all over the body. Observed spasm of the respiratory muscles, thereby developing sleep apnea. The patient lies, stretched straight, the neck is very tense, there is cyanosis of the skin, the heart rhythm is severely disturbed. Spine arched severely. The duration of this stage for 10-20 seconds, the danger lies in the fact that due to the pressure can burst the blood vessels, leading to bleeding in the brain.
- This stage is accompanied by the incessant spasms of the whole body. Pulse and respiration are practically not defined. After a time the convulsions cease, and breathing becomes deep. The duration of this phase 30-90 seconds.
- Is characterized by the cessation of the attack. People are slowly but surely coming around, breathing better, skin pink, pupils returned to its original state – narrowed, from a mouth foam.
How to give first aid for convulsions
For starters, a person need to conveniently stow it under his head cushion, then you need to turn your head to the side to not hit the tongue. Holding the patient should be placed between the teeth and tongue a spoon, spatula or piece of wood, wrapped with a cloth. Vomit if you need to remove with a soft cloth wrapped around a finger. Need to be given oxygen after a seizure, if there is such. If breathing has stopped, need to do artificial respiration, independently, mouth to nose, using a handkerchief or cheesecloth, if in a medical facility, use of Ambu bag or ventilator. If there is cardiac arrest, is CPR. To stop cramps/injected Relanium 0.02 cubes, after 10 minutes, add another 0.01 cube. You can still introduce 20 ml of 25% magnesium sulphate (drip).
Now you know about preeclampsia, and how it is dangerous to health and mother and child. Take care of yourself.