The oldest building in Moscow
Walking through the streets of Moscow, the view of the ancient churches, the old houses, it is impossible not to ask yourself the question «what is the oldest house in Moscow?». The answer to this question we are trying to find, together with you, although this is difficult, because many buildings of the past centuries permanently restored or completely rebuilt. One thing is clear, the oldest and most beautiful buildings in Moscow definitely deserves our attention, because often retain the rich and glorious history.
Spassky Cathedral of Spaso-Andronikov monastery
This building, the temple of Orthodoxy, refers to the XV century. The ancient monastery, unfortunately, has survived to the present time only partially. It is located outside the Moscow Kremlin. If not for the different twists and turns, perhaps the temple would be even «older». The date of its Foundation accounts for the year 1357, then the monastery were wooden. Which made it so affordable fire – a year after the founding of the Church burned down. But soon he was again built, and later rebuilt, only finished in 1427. It is this «version» of the monastery known to the contemporary. It is a temple with a dome, built of white stone, decorated with paintings by such famous artists as Daniel Black and Andrei Rublev. The total, now the former glory is available to us reached us only some fragments of the window slopes.
Two centuries ago, the temple has changed because of the events of 1812, after which it was restored only partially. The restoration was supervised by architect Zhukov, under his command was restored arches and iron roof, set a new iconostasis and the porch. In the past century the monastery was again subjected to restoration, now under the hand of the architect Maksimova, who himself explored and measured the temple, and then made a plan of restoration. Reconstruction ended in 1960. Today it is perhaps the oldest building in Moscow.
The faceted chamber in the Kremlin
The chamber was built after the decree of Ivan III six centuries ago. For the work come from famous architects from Italy. Your name, the chamber received because of the facade, faceted with rusticated stone, popular in Italy in those centuries.
Previously it was called the Great, and it was used as a Palace waiting room. It is here were going boyar Duma, the Zemsky Sobor was in session, to celebrate the victory over Kazan, noted Nystadt peace with Sweden, and made the decision on joining of Ukraine and Russia. For wife and offspring of the king in Granite chamber has arranged a special matriliny tent, which is located just opposite the throne of the king. Thus the Royal family had the opportunity to observe everything that happens during balls and receptions of foreign ambassadors. Now the house is a hall at the presidential residence. I wonder whether the head of Russia smotrelos tent.
The English court in Zaryadye
The chamber was built in the XV century, when its owner was Ivan Bobrischev, gentleman of the bedchamber. As the heirs did not have the yard after his death became public.
Century sir Richard Chancellor has become the discoverer of a Northern sea route connecting the two countries: England and Russia. Ivan the terrible, to establish trade with Europe, gave the English the opportunity to trade without tariffs in Russia, the huge benefits for the customs, and many other attractive concessions. This gave a peculiar impetus to the creation in the UK » the Moscow trading company. And as a residence in Moscow, the British gave the house in Zaryadye.
Shopping «friendship» with England were severed after the execution of king Charles I, which was the cause of the conflict between the two States. And the building was again lost master.
The constant «throwing» the yard changed beyond recognition. And in the middle of the last century, the chambers Zaryadye changed again, completely lost its original face. In the 60 years of the restorer Pyotr Baranovsky was able to find the chamber and did everything to save them. Based on research Baranovsky, the building tried to bring back the original look.
The travel Palace of Vasily the Third
Restoration time is full of surprises. So during work on the Carlton estates a few years ago on Staraya Basmannaya street was an ancient building of white stone. Oddly enough, survived even the interior. As it turned out later, this building was once a travelling Palace of the Grand Prince of Moscow Vasily III. This accidental find became a historical sensation, as it believed that the ancient Palace completely destroyed. A modest little building of two floors became a double monument, in fact, this Palace became the basis for the construction of the Golitsyn estate.
Since 1760 the manor was in the hands of the Golitsyn, the century, the building was completed, and it is in that form it has reached our days. To date, the Chamber Golitsyn – Champions, it is the oldest residential buildings still perform their basic function. In the Chambers of the completely preserved original interior layout. However, at one time with competing Chambers of Commerce Gurevych that are in the neighborhood, but they «gave up» during a fire six years ago.
Solodina in the Simonov monastery
Impressive height by the standards of the XVI-XVII centuries, the building has four floors and an attic. As evidenced by the remains of a formal paper, this building served as a repository of monastic edible stocks.
Leningrad railway station
The station, whose opening took place almost two centuries ago, has earned the title of the oldest in the capital city. Its present name he received in the 37th year, before he was called Nicholas. The construction project was performed by Konstantin Ton and Rudolph Zhelyazevich, devoting its opening of railway lines between St. Petersburg and Moscow. The exterior of the station during the Soviet Union almost did not change, only two years ago, shot a five-pointed star adorning the spire. Apart from it, there stood two monuments to Lenin, one of them now adorns the Larch alley, and the other went to the Museum of the Oktyabrskaya railway.
Suschevskaya police part
It was founded in a distant 1779, and now this police of the oldest in the capital city. In the former territory of the village of Suschevo (Seleznevskaya street) fire settled a little later, and in 1850 he built a stone building, whose project was Mikhail Bykovsky. Fire tower equipped with an observation deck, and inside, the building houses administrative offices, residential apartments and servants ‘ chambers for criminals. By the way, in one of these cameras had to go to Vladimir Mayakovsky, when he was arrested for provocative activities.
The height of the tower you can see almost the entire city, and the balcony at the spire was always a firefighter on duty. If somewhere it was noted the flash on the watch-tower has a unique «alarm» of colored balls. This helped firefighters to see exactly where the fire is and how strong it was. The tower served not only for this, during severe frosts, the local population was out in the first place. Especially for them on the tower appeared a black ball, if the temperature was below 40 degrees. Slightly warmer weather were rewarded with blue balls. Now the former police station is a Museum of the interior Ministry.