Interesting about the safes
The first appearance of the safe, which was intended for secure storage of valuables and securities, which received a mixed reception and contradictory assessment. And what do you know about such a place of storage, a safe Deposit box?
1. The founder of the safe Deposit box is considered to be a chest. If the man had a lot of money or jewelry, the chest he certainly was. The vault is opened and closed by a trusted key, which ensures its safety. Historians say that the prototype of the safe for valuables appeared in the 13th century BC.
2. The famous French king Louis hV1 hand-made safes, and they have their own secrets. One of his stash was hidden in the wall and intended for valuable documents.
3. In 1862 he was made the first safe with a coded lock. Open at a certain set of numbers and letters and had over a million combinations. If you do not know the right combination of characters, then its disclosure would need about two thousand years.
4. The size of the boxes were also different. The smallest of them is made by Dottling, he had a weight of about 30 kg and can host up to three watches. Cost a safe is not cheap, about 24 thousand dollars.
5. The largest can be considered safe Krugmand from the cartoon «ducktales». Everything is «outstanding» minds of the criminal world was powerless before its reliability, to uncover him, they could not.
6. The most expensive box, worth 336 thousand dollars, was made by designer Karl Lagerfeld. Of these stores, there are about 30 pieces.
7. But, apparently, the safes of the famous Titanic, probably, and still preserve the treasures that are valued at more than $ 250 million.
8.One of the owners of the Bank, as the secret of the castle, hid in a safe snake. She did not respond to the banker, but was terrible for attackers. In the end, the snake bitten Secretary, and the safe emptied one of the Bank employees.
What are the safes?
- Safes according to their purpose are divided into the following groups:
- Safes for storage of weapons. This repository should serve as a protection for the contained weapons from external factors such as fire, flood or unwanted access of unauthorized persons. Choosing storage for weapons, you should consider several factors. It needs to match the dimensions of the weapon and its quantity, which is supposed to keep it. Safe must comply with all the requirements of law enforcement agencies, provided for the retention of weapons, otherwise you can lose your permit to own.
- Furniture safes are designed for storage, overall, valuable belongings of the owner. The safes themselves are small, up to 0.5 m in size and usually are equipped with fixtures to the wall or floor. This storage can be masked by furniture or some other secluded area.
- Safes for the office. They are designed to hold important papers. These stores are usually stand alone and are attached to the flooring. The walls are made of thick sheets of steel, which ensures absolute reliability and protection.
- Burglar-proof safes. These vaults are designed for money and valuable documents. As a rule, are reliable, have a high degree of protection storage are used by banks. They store the banking securities and cash reserves. Banks also provides services for the storage of valuables individuals. All those things, paper, jewelry, keep in the house is dangerous, can be placed in particularly secure burglar-proof Bank safe Deposit box. After that, the responsibility for storing these things is no longer your concern.