Attractions Of Tula

Attractions of Tula on the map

Tourists wishing to see the beauty of Russia and to get acquainted with its culture, often visit the ancient city of Tula. Found in the ancient Chronicles mention prove that the city already existed in the XII century. Will need more than one day to see everything here is unique and exciting places, established over a long period of time. And even if it seems that all the sights of Tula after many excursions have been revised, the city is able to surprise with new exciting historical attractions and modern attractions. Here revere their history and do not miss the opportunity to multiply it. The city has many museums, a photo and description of which is given in the article. There are parks where you love to relax locals and tourists, and other places, visiting which will leave a vivid impression.

Attractions Of TulaAttractions Of Tula

The Tula Kremlin

One of the oldest historical monuments in the city is the Tula Kremlin, built in the early XVI century. Because Tula was in the way of the Crimean Horde to the center of Russia, Prince Vasily III issued a decree on the construction of the city’s fortified castle. First the walls were built of wood, but after a few years it was decided to build a new stone building. Until the XVII century on the territory of the Kremlin housed the homes of almost all citizens. Here were built several beautiful temples. But over time, the Kremlin lost its importance and began to fall into disrepair. Since the eighteenth century, there were periodically carried out restoration work. Most large-scale reconstruction began in 2012 and was held for more than 2 years. Also restored some of the temples, which partially collapsed under the Soviet regime. Full restoration of the historic monument should be completed by 2020. At this time plans large-scale celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Kremlin.

The Tula KremlinThe Tula Kremlin

Mother of God Shcheglovsky monastery

The city of Tula is famous for its large number of temples that were created during many centuries. One of the most beautiful shrines is the mother of God Shcheglovsky monastery. Its construction was started in 1860, and in 4 years all planned buildings were erected. At the end of the XIX century the monastery was built several business premises. Here a school was opened for children from low-income families and the hospital. In the years after the revolution the monastery was closed and the monks had to leave its walls. All the valuables of the temple were confiscated. Only in 1990 the monastery was returned to the Church. After the reconstruction, which lasted about a year, the temple was reopened for parishioners.

Bogorodichniy Monastir ScheglovskayaMother of God Shcheglovsky monastery

Church of the Annunciation

Among the most beautiful temples of Tula is the Church of the Annunciation, which is one of the oldest shrines of the city. At first it was wooden, but at the end of the XVII century it was decided to dismantle and erect from the stone. The Church over the years has expanded and when it was opened the almshouse and school. Under Soviet power the temple some time was opened to the parishioners, but in 1932 it was canceled. The Annunciation Church at that time was recognized as a historical monument. The first recovery operation was carried out in 1970. At the end of XX century the Church was returned to parishioners. Today the Church operates an elementary school.

Church of the AnnunciationChurch of the Annunciation

The Cathedral of the assumption

On the territory of the Tula Kremlin in the XVII century was built a new wooden Church, called the assumption. In just a century it has lost its original beauty, and it was decided to replace the structure with stone walls. In the second half of the eighteenth century a new magnificent Church took her congregation. The sanctuary still impresses with its magnificent architecture. The name of the person who created the project of the magnificent Cathedral, is unknown. On the construction of the temple was created by the best craftsmen of the town. After the October revolution, the Shrine was closed, but was under protection as a historical monument. The restoration of the Cathedral began producing in 1965 after a long time of desolation. Today, the temple returned to its original form.

The Cathedral of the assumptionThe Cathedral of the assumption

All saints Cathedral

In the highest area of Tula is a beautiful all saints Cathedral, whose dome is visible even from distant parts of the city. It was built on the site of a small wooden Church built near the city cemetery. According to the decree of Empress Catherine II, the graves were allocated land outside the city, and the Church dismantled. The construction of the stone Church began in 1776. For the construction of all buildings took about 83 years. The architectural features of the Cathedral survived to the present time in excellent condition.

All saints CathedralAll saints Cathedral

The Church Of The Twelve Apostles

Making an excursion around Tula, tourists are advised to visit another great Shrine of the city – the Church of the Twelve Apostles. It was preceded by a wooden Church built in 1898. At the temple since 1912, the school and a shelter for the elderly. When the Soviet government here continued service. The Shrine is striking in a beautiful design, both externaland internal decoration. The temple, built of red brick, looks good, surrounded with gardens, or wrapped with a snow blanket of winter.

The Church Of The Twelve ApostlesThe Church Of The Twelve Apostles

Temple of Vladimir icon of Matter

To the ancient shrines of the city include the temple of the Vladimir icon of the Mother of God. It was built in the early XVIII century and was replacing the wooden house. The land on which the temple was built, often subjected to flooding due to location near the river UPA. But after each flood, the Church was restored by the parishioners. During the Soviet era the Church was valid. It was returned to Orthodox Church in 2014. Now in this sanctuary is working on her recovery.

Temple of Vladimir icon of MatterTemple of Vladimir icon of Matter

Church of the Transfiguration

Visitors to the city should visit another Shrine, which refers to the architectural monuments of the city – the Transfiguration Church. This beautiful Church was designed by the architect. F. Fedoseyev. The front facade of the building differed from other churches: it was decorated with a powerful Doric columns, between which Peeps beautifully decorated Windows. After the October revolution the Church was closed and started to rebuild what its original shape was very distorted. In 1960, the temple was declared a monument of architecture. In 1993, the Church again began to hold services. Restoration work began in 2001 and lasted about 6 years, gave to the temple its majestic view.

Church of the TransfigurationChurch of the Transfiguration

Yasnaya Polyana

Deserve the attention of tourists many attractions in Tula region. One of the most visited places is Yasnaya Polyana. Here lived and created their best works of world-famous writer L. N. Fat. In this Museum you can see several beautiful buildings, a wonderful Park and Museum dedicated to the outstanding master of words. Here is also the grave of a talented writer who left behind a significant legacy.

Yasnaya PolyanaYasnaya Polyana

House Below

People who want to see architectural monument of the XVIII century, is to go to the city of Alexin, where the Oka river the walls of the famous house below. The name of his estate received in honor of the last owner of St. St. Bera, who was fond of art. This house before the revolution, was visited by the famous artists and writers. During the Soviet era, the manor has housed a variety of organizations that did not care the condition of the monument. But even in its current state is preserved traits of the once beautiful home.

Adobes BelowHouse Below

The Church of Saints Florus and Laurus

Guests should pay attention to visit the Church of Saints Florus and Laurus, the construction of which began in the second half of the XVIII century. The construction of the main building was carried out for 24 years. In the XIX century the temple was built the bell tower, which consists of 4 tiers. In the years after the revolution the Church was closed and demolished the bell tower. In 1990, the Shrine was returned to the Church. At the present time, only one border is open for parishioners. Other parts of the Church will be opened after restoration.

Temple Svjatih flora I LavraThe Church of Saints Florus and Laurus

Reserve «Tul’skie Zaseki»

Near Tula is located the historic village of Krapivna, near which are ancient forests, guarding the Russian lands during the middle Ages from enemies. Plantations greatly suffered during the Civil and great Patriotic war. Only fragments of the ancient forests, one of which is from Nettle. There is a unique tree species. In forests there are different animals living in this climate zone.

Reserve Reserve «Tul’skie Zaseki»

The Museum «Tula Zaseki»

Going to the village of Krapivna for visiting protected areas should pay attention visit here organized by the Museum «Tula abatis». It is possible to find detailed history of the founding of the defense of forests and the Russian forests. The Museum holds ancient records and decrees that were issued by the emperors of Russia. There is also a collection of various types of plants that grow on the territory of Tula spotted. The Museum has an exhibit dedicated to Krapivinskia Leskhoz-technical school. It is possible to see the objects that are studied in this school.

The Museum The Museum «Tula Zaseki»

The Museum «The Demidov Necropolis»

A huge contribution to the development of the city at the time, made the dynasty of the Demidov, who owned industrial and other enterprises. In their honor, in 1996 was opened Museum, located in the historical part of Tula. Exhibits are placed on the territory of the Kuznetskaya Sloboda and in the Nicholas-Zaretsky Church where is the tomb of the Demidovs. In the square before the Church was erected a monument Demidov. The Museum is annually visited by a huge number of tourists, wishing to learn the history of the dynasty and visit her ancestral tomb.

Museum The Museum «The Demidov Necropolis»

Museum-estate Bolotov

Attracts the attention of tourists Tula estate, nestled among beautiful gardens by the river Knigi. At the present time, there is a Museum dedicated to the famous Russian scientist A. T. Bolotov. Andrey T. has made a huge contribution to the development of Russian science and culture. He was highly esteemed by Catherine II who even entrusted him with the management of all his estates. Bolotov has completely justified her expectations. At the time he created for the Empress’s great Park, which was equipped with gazebos, ponds, waterfalls and other design elements. In the estate Museum you can get acquainted with the life Bolotov and his work.

Museum-farmstead BolotovMuseum-estate Bolotov

The estate of count Bobrinsky

65 km from Tula to see another great monument – the estate of count Bobrinsky, illegitimate son of Catherine II. This majestic Palace with all the other structures were built in the XVIII century at the behest of the Empress. The rich decoration of the halls were destroyed by fire, but a descendant of the first owner of the manor managed to restore the Palace. The architectural ensemble also includes the Kazan Church and the bell tower, which was destroyed after the revolution and restored in the available archival data of pictures and drawings in 1991. At the present time work continues on the restoration of the parkland of the estate.

The estate of count BobrinskyThe estate of count Bobrinsky

Kulikovo field

While in the Tula impossible to refuse from trips to Kulikovo field, in the territory of which in the XIV century the Russian troops after heavy fighting was able to defeat the forces of the Golden Horde. In the mid-nineteenth century on the field was installed a memorial in honor of the glorious victory, which was created by A. Briullov. Here in the beginning of XX century was built the Church of St. Sergius of Radonezh, who has long been in disrepair and was restored in 1992. In the Church today is a Museum collection of valuable artifacts that tell the story of a great battle.

Kulikov fieldKulikovo field

The Church Of Dmitry Solunsky

In the beginning of XIX century in Tula was built the Church of St. Demetrius, which was in the city cemetery. The temple was small and did not even have prior. Service it was the priests who came from other churches. In 1820, through the efforts of parishioners, the Shrine expanded. Near the temple was built the bell tower and refectory. There were also built 2 borders. But the Church became a parish only in 1886. The Church managed to avoid closure under the Soviet regime. Today it has Sunday school, which has trained adults and children.

The Church Of Dmitry SolunskyThe Church Of Dmitry Solunsky

Church Of The Holy Trinity

Visitors to the city it will be interesting to visit the Church of the Holy Trinity, founded in the late nineteenth century. First, the Church was given the third floor of the Tula Seminary. After almost 50 years, the building decided to rebuild, and next to build a stone Cathedral. In the post-revolutionary years, the Shrine was a boarding school. In 2001, the temple was returned to Church after 5 years of reconstruction in it were held the services.

Church Of The Holy TrinityChurch Of The Holy Trinity

Museum «Filimonovskaya Igrushka»

Over 600 years ago in Russia began to make clay toys, brightly painted in different colors. In 2008 in Tula opened the first Museum dedicated to this craft. Here are collected the works of famous masters, materials about their life and work. The exhibition presents the exhibits, which age is several centuries. In the Museum you can not only learn the history of toys. Here everyone can make soft clay fairy-tale hero, animal, or other desired object.

Museum Museum «Filimonovskaya Igrushka»

Museum «Tula samovars»

Every tourist will be interested to visit the Tula Museum with a large collection of samovars, which have long been symbols of the city. The first exhibition was founded in 1990. Over the years, the number of exhibits has grown so much that they require a large area. Then the Museum was given the building was built in the early XX century, is a historical monument of the city. Today the exhibition contains a vast number of different samovars, housed in two halls. The Museum often gets the private collections of samovars, which contain the most valuable exhibits.

Museum Museum «Tula samovars»

Monument to the heroic defenders of Tula in 1941.

On Lenin Avenue in the southern part of Tula is the memorial complex, which will also be interesting to visit the city. It was opened in 1968. The monument is made in the form of three towering above the ground bayonets. Near them are placed the sculptures of the soldier and worker are installed on the pedestal. Here are 17 of STEL, 13 of which was built in honor of the hero-cities, and 4 of the stele dedicated to the Soviet army who liberated the city in 1941. At the foot of the monument burns the Eternal flame.

Monument to the heroic defenders of Tula in 1941.Monument to the heroic defenders of Tula in 1941.

The Museum «Tula gingerbread»

Another symbol of Tula is gingerbread, which the bakers of this city came out extremely tasty. Tourists can discover the history and traditions of making gingerbread in a specially designed Museum. It is located in a building that resembles the famous fairy tales the gingerbread house. In exposure, a plurality of devices, which are used by the famous confectioners of the city. In the Museum you can see cakes of different shapes. Some delicious products dedicated to important events of the city and the country you are talking about the exposition of the Museum to its visitors.

The Museum The Museum «Tula gingerbread»

Museum of weapons

Tula masters have always been famous for their ability to produce weapons. Confirm this exposition of the state Museum of weapons. The first collection was assembled in 1775 at the arms factory, founded by Peter I. After watching rare weapons presented to Catherine II ordered the creation of the city Museum, but soon all the exhibits were taken to Moscow. Only in the late nineteenth century the Museum was opened again and already had at its disposal a huge collection. In 1970, the exhibition was moved from the Armory in the Cathedral of the Epiphany. Only in 2012, for the Museum was built a special building, reminiscent of his form of the ancient helmet. Around the Museum there is an exposition of military equipment.

Museum of weaponsMuseum of weapons

Central Park of culture and rest

A favorite place of recreation for residents and visitors to the city is the Central Park of culture and rest. Here there are about 290 species of plants, among which there are rare species of trees, so the Park is a natural site of national heritage. In this place excellent conditions for recreation. There are many rides which are a favorite attraction for kids. In the Park there are scenic ponds, a Zoological area and well-appointed avenues, which is pleasant to walk under the canopy of lush trees.

Central Park of culture and restCentral Park of culture and rest

Regional art Museum

Extremely rich collection of paintings is the art Museum of Tula. He inherited many valuable works of art, which at the time of nationalization were collected in the estates of the nobility. The employees of the Museum managed to preserve even during the great Patriotic war: all the exhibits were taken to Siberia. At the present time one can see here works of Russian artists, written in XVIII-XX centuries. The Museum also has a large collection of ancient icons.

Regional art MuseumRegional art Museum

Exotarium

Among the most popular places in the city is Tula Exotarium, where visitors have the opportunity to see many species of reptiles and amphibians. Animals live in specially equipped terrariums, located in 4 halls. There are also rare species of birds. Ekzotarium visitors can admire the statue of Tyrannosaurus Rex that greets them at the door.

ExotariumExotarium

Polenovo

Extraordinarily beautiful architecture impresses all tourists manor house, which from the beginning of XX century lived the artist Vasily Polenov. It is 70 km from Tula. In this historical-artistic Museum-reserve you can see the 14 buildings, built according to the project Polenov. Visitors can also admire the beautiful gardens, which are surrounded by greenery whitewashed main house. 3 km from the house you can see the Trinity Church, located in the village of Bekhovo built by the artist.

PolenovoPolenovo

Drama

Fans of Opera and drama should visit the Tula theatre where you can see the wonderful performances of local bands or touring program of the actors. Its Foundation dates back to the XVIII century, when the city was given the status of the center of the province. In 1912 the theatre was located in his own house. Since that time, the program staff has increased significantly. The theater did not stop working even during the great Patriotic war. The performances raised the spirit of people in difficult times. In 1970 the theater moved to a new spacious premises. Today you can see performances of different genres.

Theatre staffDrama

Rogozhinsky Park

To admire the beauty of local nature, to relax in the fresh air and have a nice time tourists and residents go to Rogozhin Park. This place was ennobled in 1962, when we celebrated the 250th anniversary of the Armoury. Before 1990-ies the place was busy, but then it was abandoned. In 2015, the city authorities decided to upgrade the Park. Here will be built a large ice arena.

Rogozhinsky ParkRogozhinsky Park

In Tula any tourist can find places that you can visit to be extremely interesting and informative. A photo with a description of the most popular attractions, featured in an article, clearly confirm this. The city will be able to find a lot of interesting things and older ones, and the smallest of its guests.

Video — Sights Of Tula

Понравилась статья? Поделиться с друзьями:
Добавить комментарий

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: