Waterproofing baths — an important need
Waterproofing of baths is one of the most important stages of its construction. High temperature inside the bath quickly destroys used in the construction materials, so to ensure the safety of the floor, ceiling and walls need special attention to performance of waterproofing works. Modern technologies and innovative materials ensure the durability and strength of structures operating in extreme conditions.
How to conduct a waterproofing baths
The first and most important step in ensuring the long life of the future building a quality basement waterproofing. If groundwater are close to the surface, it is necessary with special attention to produce drainage. Drainage pillow made with certain guidelines to ensure the safety and durability of structures. You need to prepared the area to pour the mixture of sand and gravel with a minimum thickness of twenty centimeters. The composition is compacted or compacted in a careful manner, then installed reinforcement cage in the formwork and poured concrete.
Waiting for complete hardening of the coating should be horizontal or vertical waterproofing.
Strong security Foundation provided by carefully conducted work on the coupling joints between horizontal and vertical waterproofing layers. Remember that this question can’t be rushed. The smallest crack will eventually become a source of mold, fungi and destruction of the Foundation.
During the construction of baths should take care of a multi-layer waterproofing. Several layers stacked perpendicularly on top of the finished base felts or tar paper, carefully treated with a special mastic, guarantee an excellent protection from possible ingress into the building water.
Vertical waterproofing do well-trained specialists, as it is more difficult to perform and requires skills and considerable practical experience. Work begins at the level of the Foundation base. Make sure that at the junction with the horizontal waterproofing there are no cracks or gaps.
What materials are most commonly used in the manufacture of waterproofing the basement
- From a practical point of view, the use of bitumen-polymer roll of insulation materials is the most frequently used and convenient. It guarantees high speed of work and good protection from moisture.
- Protective membrane is an excellent choice if there is no possibility to dry the lower part of the Foundation. It does not need to sizing and isn’t afraid of deformations of the Foundation, while remaining under any circumstances, is solid and durable.
Used in the manufacture of special chemical components are not allowed to develop on the membrane surface of fungi and mold, which is very important for fabricated structures.
- Another way to protect the Foundation from excess moisture is coating materials. Bitumen or resin mastic have good resistance to penetration inside the capillary moisture. Causing the composition with a roller, brush or special spray, it is possible to obtain a homogeneous dense film, which will close the surface of the Foundation and ensures its safety.
The contractor leading the work, selects the number of layers of waterproofing and their type based on their experience and the proximity of groundwater.
- Well established plastering waterproofing, manufactured by mineral-cement mortar. The most effective thickness of the coating protects the wall from excess moisture, is twenty-two millimeters.
How to protect walls from high humidity
The application of foil material will not only protect from moisture but will not allow to leave quickly accumulated heat and will not allow vapor to penetrate the wood. It is easy to install and it does not increase the thickness of the walls, allowing you to save the useful area of the baths. Each room uses a different type of foil material.
- The Kraft paper serves as the basis for waterproofing that is used in the steam room.
- Heat insulation material is laid, izokom and izolon perfectly cope with their task in the dressing room or the break room.
Need to know what the foil is made of Kraft paper, not afraid of exposure to high temperatures and can safely withstand over a hundred degrees.
Protect the floor from excessive moisture
After completion of the waterproofing of the walls can start finishing the floor. The most commonly used in the construction of baths material is concrete. It is much stronger and safer wood, and can without a major overhaul to last for a long time.
- Completely clean the floor surface, preparing it for the application of coating material. Select bitumen or resin mastic and apply the composition in accordance with existing instructions. The number of layers and thickness of coating depends only on your desire and financial opportunities.
- Before installation okleechnoj waterproofings levelling the surface of the floor with thick plywood. The top is glued Hydrosol made of asbestos paper impregnated with bitumen. Be sure to leave the edges to fifteen inches of material that is put on the wall. Lies on top of reinforced mesh and is screed. After drying, you can attach a ceramic tile or natural stone coverings.
Way to protect ceiling from moisture
The work of waterproofing of the ceiling hold as well as in the work of the wall. Mounted to the base of the thick timber. Between the slats is attached to the insulation, on top of which the stapler is attached a cloth foil. You should not forget to handle special tape each joint. At the final stage is installed on top of the waterproofing strips, to which is attached the lining.
How to choose the right waterproofing material
The selection carried out by experts, based on experience and desire of the client. The bathhouse next to the outdoor pond, you should use multiple layers of different types of waterproofing. Using a rolled material, it is possible to strengthen the surface of the applied layer of mastic or installing membrane. Remember that minor savings in the construction phase can lead subsequently to serious financial losses. It is better to first carry out all work efficiently, as the repair and correction of defects are always more expensive and increases the risk that eventually the end result will not satisfy.
More “Stroy logistic“