How to choose laminate flooring for your apartment or home?
How to choose laminate flooring for your apartment or home? This is a key question almost every modern master, who builds a new house or decided to make repairs in existing housing, because this kind of coverage is one of the most common. This article will give you an idea about what quality of laminate flooring should pay attention when buying it.
Types of laminate flooring
There are several criteria that klassificeret laminate.
At the place of use distinguish:
- Household laminate. It is used in residential areas, the load in the apartments on the floor is not strong. It has aesthetic appearance and has high durability. But the service roughly five years. The pattern and the outer layer is covered with a protective composition. There is and option for a warm floor.
- Commercial laminate flooring. This option is used in areas where there is a significant load on the floor. It is an industrial premises. This species is distinguished by high strength, wear resistance, hydrostatically, which is very important for a long life. Often willing to put in the apartment laminate choose commercial, because it is expensive to change the first time every five years.
Another classification of laminate flooring – the division into classes. The higher the grade of cover, so it is better and more resistant to abrasion.
Classes from 21 to 30 usually attributed to household, Classes 31 — 34 are considered to be commercial. They differ in the thickness of the coating to protect the more, the higher grade laminate. Very often the materials with the marking 31 is used for flats and houses.
Before purchasing, experts recommend to look at the types of laminate flooring in the showroom or a specialty store to see for yourself in the color and texture of the material.
Advantages and disadvantages of laminate
This flooring is increasingly used by many builders and designers. To determine the quality of the material you need to know its advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of laminate flooring:
- It is resistant to huge loads easily tolerate the bumps. It leaves no stains furniture. And the top protective layer protects from scratches.
- The coating can be used in high temperature, it does not deteriorate under its influence.
- The material is non-toxic, no harm to health. It is even called environmentally friendly. This feature allows you to put it in children’s bedrooms and play rooms. A variety of colors will allow you to create beautiful and bright gender for the child.
- It is easy to assemble even by yourself. Comfortable and durable mount perfectly and securely connects the panel.
- It is easy to clean, just wipe with a damp cloth and if you want to use paleros.
- He did not fade in the sun. Great for a sun porch.
Among the disadvantages of focus:
- Not all options are water-resistant. Water getting into the joints can cause bloating.
- The subfloor surface must be flat. Any swings and benches can cause fracture.
- Uneven floors can cause the floor to creak, especially if the wooden floor was not removed.