How to choose children’s shoes — tips for consumers
Kids shoes for any age should not only be beautiful, comfortable and functional. It should not prevent the development of feet of the child. Kids making first steps to shape the feet, legs, spine. Shoes can both help and harm the musculoskeletal system of the child. In this article we will talk about how to choose children’s shoes.
Baby shoes – how to choose your child?
Child leg is very pliable. Improper influence of shoes on the feet of children or the wrong placing a stop inside can lead to problems of the locomotor apparatus. The «right» Shoe generates the correct position of the foot, joints, stroke in General.
Sometimes parents believe that the pads are located on the inner side of track shoes (in the internal arch area of the foot) enough for making this footwear in category «anatomical». Unfortunately, it is not. Buying children’s shoes must pay attention to the nuances of which will be discussed further.
What you need to know to select quality children’s shoes?
There are a number of important points which should be pay attention to:
- Do not wear leg Your toddler shoesthat was worn before the other children, especially if it was at least small signs of wear. Someone else’s shoes certainly will design the problems the previous owner’s shoes.
- Shoes for children it is recommended to buy one that is made from natural materials such as leather, suede, nubuck, textile. Natural materials allow the feet to breathe»
- In children’s footwear should have a rational wide sole and heel. Resistant sole helps baby to maintain balance. According to the norms established for children’s shoes, «the heel shall have a height of 5-7 mm, or in other words the elation of the heel part. Podiatrists welcome such a height.
- Shoes must be equipped with stiff heel counter, the heel part should take no less than 1/3 of the soles. Some orthopedic and anatomical shoes are made with a special heel (heel with extended inner krokules). The heel prevents the bursting of the track Shoe in waste (middle shoes).
- The sole should be moderately elastic in the region of inflection (the area of the beams in the Shoe or the metatarsophalangeal joint in the foot). Inflexible sole is used for «Heavy artillery therapeutic shoes» and is used in severe orthopedic pathologies.
- The heel of the foot should fit snugly to the heel of the Shoe. Therefore, the most suitable for children, the shoes manufactured with a rigid and close-fitting (but not constricting) leg back.
- In the forefoot also needs to be fixed. This effect is achieved by the secure attachment type Velcro, laces, buckle. All that allows you to adjust the fullness of the Shoe on the foot of your child.
- To avoid deformation of the distal part of the foot (forefoot) toes must be free. Therefore, children’s shoes should always be spacious bed. With the exception of complex orthopedic pathologies, where the content or correction of the forefoot – a necessary measure.
- A dedicated set of (what we often called the instep) should be soft and not have residual deformation. In children up to 3.6 years, the role of «arch support» performs body fat in the foot.
- Children’s shoes should not be heavy, which is only possible in the manufacture of shoes made of modern materials.
In addition to correctly chosen shoes great practice for the skeleton of the foot and prevention of flatfoot are:
- walking barefoot on sand, pebbles or grass;
- special massage mats;
- the Swedish climbing ladder;
- a foot massage.
It is impossible to buy children’s shoes «for growth», in this case, it loses meaning because of the shift elements in accordance with the size of the foot. Allowed to have a supply of 0.7 cm and 1.3 cm for winter shoes.
Every month and a half, be sure to pay attention, not increased if the child’s foot.
On the website malishok.org you will find everything you need for your baby. It has everything from diapers to children’s clothing.