Artificial decorative stone for finishing basement floors: types and selection criteria
Artificial decorative stone for finishing the basement has a relatively low weight, outstanding performance, wide variety of color and design solutions. It is ecologically safe and durable. High quality artificial stone is a viable alternative to tens of kinds of modern finishes.
Base – part of the facade of the building which is constantly under high loads. To protect it from moisture and other negative impacts, extending the life of the object, it is necessary to carefully approach the choice of facing. In recent years, more and more owners prefer artificial stone. That makes sense.
Artificial decorative stone for cap
On modern market you can find several options for finishing of artificial stone. The most common are the following decisions:
- Clinker tiles. Products are created from a special type of clay, then fired in a kiln under temperature of 1200 degree. The finished materials are not exposed to the negative effects of moisture. Generally, tiles have the shape of a brick. Their traditional dimensions 245h65h65,5 mm. To equip the joints are created by a unique angular elements.
- Polymer tile. This facing stone for the cap is in the form of blocks. It is able to maintain its properties under different external conditions. The material mimics the brick masonry or natural stone.
- A flexible tile. Elements with a thickness of 3 mm, They are ideal for finishing surfaces having a curvilinear structure. For the production of the resin used, imitate masonry brick or natural stone. Treatment suitable for concrete, brick, stucturing surfaces. It also goes well with insulating materials.
- Artificial stone of concrete. In the production of this treatment are widely used of additional organic and chemical substances. They give raw materials of required properties.
Features choice of finishing the basement with artificial stone
Choosing the finishing material for the capshould pay special attention to the following factors:
- the purpose of the artificial stone;
- the number of cycles of freezing/thawing, which can withstand material;
- the level of porosity, for exterior trim it is better to use as smooth of a product;
- the size of expanded clay granules, if used;
- painting technology.