Three recipe warm mulled wine
One day we visited our good friends, the night caroused in the cold, and I woke up shivering and almost postojannyj. People in the know immediately cooked us a mulled wine — a drink that is able to cheer up any. He has an impressive set of useful properties: it warms, inspires, makes positive impact on digestion and makes you enjoy a new day.
Mulled wine — and the drink of the harsh German guys, but this alcoholic concoction is also suitable and girlfriends who just want to get warm. In General, the universal beverage, and we want to tell you about three good recipes for its preparation.
Traditional German mulled wine
This is the same German classics like Wagner, but only in the field of German drinks. Cooked very simply, and drink very tasty.
the regular bottle of dry red wine (the Germans take the simpler, but better not to buy wine from surrogates);
— a glass of water;
— 3-4 tablespoons of sugar;
— half a lemon (cut it);
— 3 Bud cloves;
— 3 handfuls of cardamom (seed);
— 1-2 star anise;
— 1 cinnamon stick;
1. Take a saucepan with a thick bottom and mix all the ingredients. Turn on high heat and bring the broth to a boil. Boil for a minute and reduce the heat to low. Boil mulled wine for 1-2 hours. If there is much to boil, then poured wine or water.
2. Let the concoction cool. Filter out all the ingredients through a strainer and pour mulled wine for the four cups.
Tip: no one uses for mulled wine too expensive wine for the reason that all of our unique wine qualities lose their power during cooking.
Mulled Wine Roland Gorgonia
In Austria every chef has his own recipe for mulled wine. They differ not only by the number of ingredients, but also for their use. For example, we found the brave Austrian Roland used in cooking Bay leaf — the taste is unusual.
a bottle of red dry wine;
— 3 orange (separate the zest);
— 2 lemons (the zest separate);
— half a liter of orange juice;
— 1 cinnamon stick;
— 1 star anise;
4 clove Bud;
— 2 Bay leaves;
— brandy to your taste;
— sugar to taste.
1. Separate the zest from the orange and lemon. Oranges and lemons cut into small slices. For decoration, leave a few orange slices.
2. Mix all ingredients (except the brandy) in a deep saucepan.
3. Put it on low heat and wait until the brew starts to boil.
4. Take mulled wine from the heat and add a bit of brandy (that is, adding it after cooking).
5. Filter the drink into a mug and decorate it with a slice of orange.
Mulled wine from South Africa
Mulled wine spread everywhere, which threw the German-speaking population. For example, in South Africa the tradition of making this drink has spread during the rule of the Boers — the descendants of French, Dutch and German settlers.
— 1 bottle of dry red wine;
— 1 Cup (150 grams) brown sugar;
— 1 Cup orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed);
— 2 cinnamon sticks;
— half a Cup of sherry (fortified Spanish wine);
— 1 orange.
1. Separate the zest from the orange. The orange cut into pieces (we will use for decoration).
2. All the ingredients boil in a large pot (except orange slices). First, bring to boil, then reduce the heat to boiling, and wait 20 minutes.
3. Pour into glasses, decorate with fresh orange and a cinnamon stick.
4. Treat a friend — she’ll be happy.
The spices in the mulled wine — an important detail. You can pick up every spice separately, but when there’s no time, and the city market peddling do not understand anything, then the best thing you can do is to buy a special set for mulled wine, where there will be all the traditional spices, which would have approved any German who knows a lot about the mulled wine. Good kits contain recipes that will be perfect for any holiday table. For example, we have an online shop spices, spices and seasonings — there