Ice-tea: cooling tea cocktails
Drink tea in Russia has long been accepted, or to be more exact, from the XVII century. The tradition of drinking tea we have a very rich, not inferior to the British. All the hardships and joys were discussed in the family a nice Cup of tea. It’s in the XX century began to prefer tea vodka, which is not good, but the harsh life in a different way not smooth. To our delight, tea traditions are coming back and we are happy to share with you recipes that fit perfectly into the framework of a hot summer and combine the experience of different countries. Drink iced tea is not only useful, but also delicious.
Let’s start with a very simple recipe that does not require from you any extra costs. This is the most common Ice-tea which is usually drunk in the heat, we have that in Britain. The main ingredient is high-quality black tea. Make 8 cups.
— 8 teaspoons of high-quality black tea;
— 1 medium lemon or orange;
— 8 cups of boiling water;
— a bit of simple syrup;
Tip: we recommend to try the tea sort of «taiga», it is sold in loose form.
1. Separate the zest from the lemon and throw it in a heatproof bowl (preferably in a jar).
2. Add to the jug 8 teaspoons of black tea and pour all the boiling water.
3. Allow to infuse for 5-10 minutes, after which the detachable tea leaves from liquid. The easiest way to do a simple transfusion into another container.
4. Wait a little, let the tea completely cool. Then pour into glasses with ice, add a little syrup and enjoy the taste of cold tea.
All you need to know about the art of making iced tea, is the fact that ordinary tea bags are no good. They are not tea, but a sort of lethargic rot, dust, semblance of tea. We hot to drink it is not recommended. Yes, and why buy bagged tea, when every available loose quality from different plantations of the world? Varieties are very many, they all have a unique taste, a unique manufacturing technology. For example, in our recipes, we used teas that are found on Greenfrogplace.com. This store was opened by tea enthusiast for the same fans. Probably, for this reason the range includes many unique varieties of, which in conventional stores to find easy. Not have to buy pounds. You can order at least 100 grams, that we, as experimenters, very pleased.
2. Cold PU-erh
Have puerh special aura, he is credited with almost magical properties, but even without the mysticism, he is a very good tea, which gives a lot of strength and leads my thoughts in order.
— 2 liters of water;
— 30 grams of cane sugar;
— 1 tablespoon good puerh;
and lots of ice.
Tip: recommend to take the usual weight of Shen PU-erh, which has affordable price and great taste with fruity notes.
1. First, boil water in a saucepan, add to it the cane sugar and stir until dissolved.
2. Throw the tea in hot water and boil for two minutes. Cover with a lid and allowed to rest tea five to six minutes.
3. Filter the liquid to remove the tea leaves. Cool tea to room temperature.
4. Pour into glasses and flavoured tea drink with ice cubes — you can drink.
3. Watermelon tea
Current recipe, as it is every day becoming more and we must seize the moment. Anyway — fruit tea no worse than their more serious counterparts.
— 8 teaspoons of fruit tea;
— 8 cups of boiling water;
— 1/8 of a watermelon (chopped into small pieces);
— 1 bunch fresh Basil;
— a little sugar;
and lots of ice.
Tip: we used a fruit tea blend called «mint breeze» — it was really cool.
1. First brew tea. This should be done within 10 minutes, no less.
2. Separate the liquid from the tea leaves and allow it to cool down.
3. Add in the cooled tea, slices of watermelon, Basil, sugar and ice cubes.
4. Enjoy the unique summer flavor.
I would like to analyze the problem of choosing a good tea. The fact that tea is such a product that requires at least some level of knowledge. Otherwise, you will buy tea, and dust with a set of strange leaves. Friends with Greenfrogplace explained to us that the tea only four main characteristics: taste, aroma, colour and shape of the dry leaf.
Before buying the tea, you need to smell the dry tea leaves before brewing. Moreover, the first step is to breathe on it to the sheet a bit warm, and essential oil began to evaporate. If you don’t like the smell, then this tea take does not need. Good loose tea, usually uniform, without dust, small crumbs and other elements. He brewed the infusion should never be cloudy. Quality tea shimmers in the light and bright inviting colors, from pale gold to amber-red.