How to choose a coat
Probably you want to be taken seriously at the highest level served in the restaurant, and at a meeting with a business partner, you, understandably, want to make a good first impression. Hey, you remember first and foremost rule is that clothes make the man? Sports or leather jacket, no matter how expensive and stylish, still fit for informal meetings and events. But historically, that people in business suits have more confidence in the interview and negotiations than the boys in tapered holey jeans. And in the cold season, the only acceptable outerwear is becoming a classic coat. About them today and speech will go.
First, it should be warm, secondly, comfortable, third, well you just. Each type differs in weight and, therefore, the style can be divided into three categories:
Coat – top demi-season clothes with long sleeves, but different lengths: from short models, reaching to the hips, ending in a long, heavy options on the floor.
The cloak is a thin and light variant of the previous model.
Overcoat – heavy and strict clothing originates from the war.
If you plan to wear a coat more than one year, it must be made from 100% wool and weighing at least two pounds (for a person of average build). The heavier the coat, the fabric is stronger and more reliable. The coat is warm and is not cheap, but cheaper than cashmere.
Cashmere coat is soft, warm and of course looks great, but most often such things are subject to wear cuffs and collar. Plus it’s a great treat for moths. To be honest, the price for such a coat does not match its quality and level of insulation. I advise you to pay attention to the mix of wool and cashmere.
The sleeves of the coat should be long and completely cover the sleeves of the suit and the cuffs of his shirt. Your wrists should not be cold because of the cut-off sleeves.
Traditional overcoats are usually reaching lengths of almost ankle-length. This option is usually better to be people of Mature age who need to hide the solid stomach. Most young people prefer coat knee length is a convenient option for motorists, not to worry about the separation of outerwear will clean the car from the slush.
Make sure you are free to wear the shirt, sweater or jacket under the coat and it will not «wince» at every movement. Even if you choose a narrower option, everything has to sit straight, smooth and does not restrict movement.
A single row of buttons on the coat (single-breasted) is a more universal and non-formal option that can be successfully combined not only with the classics. Double-breasted coat reglamentary to choose the classic look, plus it is much warmer because you have on the chest several layers of woolen fabric. As for style, this one is your call, well, we’re here to help by providing the court and a selection of classic coats that are out of fashion for many decades.
The types of coat
Coat appeared in England in the mid-19th century and was named after the Earl of Chesterfield. It was the first model of an overcoat of a kind, and for many years it is only slightly changed.
- No seams or arrows at the waist;
- Short, pointed lapels;
- In the classic version of the velvet collar;
- Two straight side pockets, fold-over clasp;
- The lack of cuffs;
- Small pocket above the right pocket, and chest pocket;
- Traditional length – just below the knee;
- On the back – cut.
The quality of the koverkot is very similar to the previous version. Originally this coat was designed for hunting and long walks in the fresh air, so this outerwear is made of durable hard eponymous fabric with a diagonal weave. It was designed to protect its wearer from dirt and bad weather.
- Fabric koverkot, has a characteristic oblique ribbing;
- Notched lapels;
- Fabric colour is brown-green, so it wasn’t obvious, if stained with mud;
- Classic length – knee length;
- Expired cuff, hem and pocket flaps;
- Slit at the back;
- Short guard hairs, which is slightly longer than the jacket;
- Four parallel decorative seam, located at the lower edge of the coat and sleeves;
- The collar is treated with a corduroy, velvet or cloth lining;
- Huge inner pocket which can fit a newspaper or iPad.
Contrast stitching gives things a more casual look, so with the right mix this coat will perfectly fit with not only the classics, but in Casuale.
Coat Polo is an American classic that originated in England. To protect themselves from the cold, Polo players wore capes and bright colors. Once the strap has been replaced with buttons, and in the late 1920s, this outerwear became the most popular among the ivy League.
- The fabric of honey and light brown color of camel hair;
- 6 or 8 buttons;
- Pockets, traditionally stitched upper;
- Peaked lapels or collar, has an additional cuff.
This tweed coat originates from the province of Ulster, which is located in Ireland. Coat protects from the wind, ideal for traveling in the cold season. And large roomy pockets nothing will fall out inadvertently. Plus the structure of the material perfectly removes dirt and stains.
Features classic Ulster:
- Long coat double-breasted, has 6 or 8 buttons;
- High collar protects from the wind;
- Top decorative pockets and sleeve cuffs;
- Heavy tweed fabric.
5. Trench coat
A timeless classic that was invented in the trenches of the First world war and turned into a coat. Modern trench coats are made of leather, wool or cotton. It can be light raincoat jacket, and maybe hat model, black, dark blue or khaki. The trench should not fit snugly to the body, the sleeves of the coat should be longer than the sleeves of a shirt or jacket on 2-4 cm
- Double-breasted coat has 6 buttons;
- Single slit at the back;
- Wide sleeve with strap at cuff;
- Shoulder patches, simulating the shoulder straps;
- Protective lining on the chest;
- Coat length 95-115 cm
6. Classic coat
«Paletot» is a word of French origin that was used to describe a fairly short overcoat fitted as single breasted and double breasted, with pockets and without. But features traditional classics, popular among representatives of the business world, is:
- Double breasted coat 6 or 8 buttons;
- Peaked lapels;
- Options: direct without belt, slim belt;
- Top button get out of the number and spaced wider than the bottom. Usually do not fasten.