In the midst of grill season, we once again return to our favorite steaks.
Better than just a well-done steak can only be perfectly roasted steak, carefully covered with yummy bacon, topped with Gruyere cheese, crispy onions and mushrooms.
200 — 250 g fillet Mignon
6-8 strips of bacon
3 thinly sliced onions
3 cloves of garlic
one Cup of vegetable oil
2 tbsp. butter
10-12 mushrooms (sliced)
salt/pepper to taste
1. Side dish for steak is a combination of crispy fried onions, mushrooms and Gruyere cheese. Therefore, we propose to start cooking with onions.
Finely chopped onion fry in a large amount of vegetable oil on medium heat for 15 minutes. Do not stir, until the onions are brown. Strain oil through a sieve, and put the onions on paper towels. Let it cool and become crispy.
2. While onion cools, prepare bacon. Save the fat left after frying bacon, we’ll need that.
3. In bacon grease add 2 tbsp butter, 3 cloves garlic and thyme. Put in the settings the highest temperature and add the fillet Mignon. By the way, the fillet must marinate only in salt and pepper.
4. Fry the fillet on both sides — about 4 minutes on each side will be enough.
5. In the same pan where you cooked the steaks, fry the sliced mushrooms.
6. Cover the steaks with the slices of bacon on top put crispy onions, mushrooms and grated on a fine grater cheese. Enjoy!