Coarse stout sandwiches
Today’s culinary hooliganism is a variation of the Cuban sandwich where the main ingredient is fried, stewed and finally roasted pork. At the end of the nineteenth century the workers in the factories of Cuba indulged himself like sandwiches. It is understandable, the food was not much, but a simple loaf of bread to confine it was difficult, because energy supply will be less. These tough guys came up with a sandwich that is chock full force. If they knew that on weekends we can have movie marathons. And now on the «Island of Freedom» the same function as sandwiches, fast food, than pleasing people.
– 3 pounds pork shoulder blades (bones);
– a quarter Cup of mustard (yellow);
– 2 tablespoons of salt;
– 1 tablespoon of black pepper;
– half a tablespoon of dried thyme;
– half a tablespoon of paprika;
– half a tablespoon of garlic powder;
– 1 tablespoon oil (preferably olive);
– bottle (0,7) Irish stout (can use regular Irish ale);
– 1 medium onion (finely chopped);
– a Cup of beef broth.
For each sandwich
– long roll;
– a couple of slices of cheese;
– 4 pickled cucumber;
– 2 slices smoked ham (or ham).
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Our first RUB the pork with mustard, then salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder.
3. Add the butter extensive (deep) frying pan and fry on medium heat the pork on all sides.
4. Stew with beer, onions and broth. Bring dish to a boil. Close the lid and move the meat in the oven.
5. Let bake for 90 minutes, then turn meat side and cook for another 90 minutes. Check the readiness of meat with a fork. If still wet, give it 30 extra minutes.
6. Allow the meat to cool and then begin the most important thing. To assemble sandwiches: — sliced smoked ham is placed on the bottom bun, then the meat, then pickles and even layer of cheese. Lubricating oil top bun and close the sandwich. You can directly eat and can be heated in the oven, so the cheese melted.