Calzone: it’s like pizza, but only pie
The Italians are greedy for delicious food. Even when the country’s chaos will reign, and the eternal city will absorb a new wave of barbarians, we will still know that the food they have everything in order. Maybe it’s the climate that allows to grow the best vegetables and the best to feed livestock. And maybe in a culinary tradition that dates back to ancient times? Long this will not understand, but most importantly we know that Italy is rich in tasty recipes. And today, to prove this idea, we will tell you about the calzone.
We call it pie than it technically is, but Italians consider pizza as a calzone, like the rest of the world.
The components are not very different from those that you can see open pizza. For this reason, they can also vary — there is no «requirement» in terms of toppings in calzone you will not see, so we’re even, began to write.
— 250 grams of flour;
— 1/2 teaspoon of yeast;
— 1 teaspoon of sugar;
— 1/2 teaspoon of salt;
— 170 ml of warm water;
— 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
— some cheeses (traditionally, use mozzarella or Provolone).
— 400 grams of pureed tomatoes;
— 2 cloves of garlic;
— olive oil.
1. Make the dough. This is simple enough. Mix flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water and olive oil. Mash until it becomes elastic. It is better to make it longer — the dough will become better. Then put it to rise in a warm place, pre-lubricated with oil capacity. A couple of hours will be enough.
2. Meanwhile, prepare cooking sauce. Our first stew the tomatoes for about 20 minutes, the fire must be weak. Add a pinch of salt and sugar, one tablespoon of olive oil and two cloves of crushed garlic. Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool.
3. Filled with simple — just cut the ham, salami, cheese, thin slices.
4. Go back to the dough on flour covered surface roll out the dough as thinly as possible (not to the point of absurdity, of course, but still). Add our tomato sauce to the surface of the dough (in the middle). Gently spread our stuffing and turn the pizza like it’s a meat pastry or dumpling. To fix the edges should be tight to calzone in the oven is not opened, and the filling doesn’t run out. Be sure to make a few cuts on top to give out a couple. You can walk on top brush with butter and sprinkle the entire design culinary oregano.
5. Send calzone in the oven for ten minutes at a temperature of 220 °C.