Beef jerky: three recipes that will transform your idea of a snack
Beef jerky (beef jerky) is the appetizer, which was born at the dawn of humanity, at a time when the ancient savage realized that to keep the meat raw or even fried is a bad idea. Meat has a tendency to deteriorate, but it can be treated in a certain way, to serve faithfully for a few months. And there was jerky.
Here we come to the word «jerky» which comes from the word «I arki» from the language of Quechua, which means dried meat. Today, beef jerky is one of the most popular snacks in Europe and the United States. Even astronauts eat, and it is justified — the jerky has a small weight and a high caloric level, and thus can provide a large amount of energy. Among beer lovers, this meat snack also gained fame — it is perfect for any foamy, about knew the men in the Wild West and the French on the outskirts of Borodino.
We decided to select some of the most interesting and simple recipes of beef jerky to you forever I forgot about the crackers and toast, and ate beer only natural dried meat.
Beef jerky Doc
This recipe we learned from an ordinary American guy who calls himself Doc. He said that he wanted to create the perfect jerky, and it took him four years. In the recipe there is nothing supernatural, but it is perfectly balanced.
— 2 pounds beef tenderloin;
— a quarter Cup of soy sauce;
— 2 tablespoons wostershire sauce;
— 2 tablespoons liquid smoke;
— 2 tablespoons of brown sugar;
— 2 teaspoons of salt;
— 1 teaspoon ground black pepper;
— 1 teaspoon of garlic powder;
— 1 teaspoon onion powder;
— 1 teaspoon of paprika.
1. First of all, you need to put fresh meat in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. Slightly frozen meat is easier to cut into thin strips, and that’s what you need to do in the first place.
2. Take a big bowl and put down strips of beef. Add in a bowl the soy sauce, liquid smoke, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Mix well so all the sauce covers all the meat evenly. Cover with a lid and send the meat to marinate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 80 degrees (you need a very small temperature) and put a baking sheet down the oven, previously covering it with foil. Over letter you need to set the grid and not without the help of skewers for the oven to hang on the bars of the strips of meat. Meat should it hang and not to lie on the grid — then it will have the correct texture. The meat should be dry within 6 hours.
Cream beef jerky
A little crazy kind of jerky, as used in the preparation of Bourbon you can replace the whiskey and soda. The original recipe suggest to use coke with cherry or vanilla flavor, but if you will not find it, then try to find counterparts to find a soda with a similar taste palette is now easy.
— 2 pounds beef tenderloin;
— 2 cups cream soda (cherry coke, vanilla coke or equivalents);
— 1 Cup of Bourbon (and whiskey can be used);
— 50 ml maple syrup;
— 50 ml soy sauce;
— 50 ml liquid smoke;
— 4 tablespoons of brown sugar;
— 1 tablespoon onion powder;
— 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
Cooking beef jerky — that means working with meat, and meat can not exist without a good knife. If you want to cook these three dishes, you want a knife that is of high quality — it cuts and so the jerky has dried evenly. If you’re chasing not only the price but also quality, we recommend you knives Fissman. First of all, pay attention to the universal chef’s knives — they are useful to you in any cooking.Preparation:
1. Send the meat in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. If the refrigerator is running poorly, then send on the hour. This is necessary for easy slicing each time making jerky.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Frozen meat cut against the fibers to make fairly thick slices, which you can chew your jaw. Add the sliced beef to the marinade and stir it all up. Send a bowl in the fridge overnight or for six hours.
4. On the bottom of the oven put the foil as it catches every drop of the marinade and fat, which can give you a headache when further cleaning of the oven. Contributions of beef on the grill (can reuse the skewers) to separate the pieces of meat do not touch each other. The oven must operate at a minimum temperature (80 degrees).
5. Bake the meat for 4-5 hours, open the oven door every hour for 15 minutes to allow air to get to the meat and cool it down. When cooking time comes to an end, then just turn off the oven and let the snack cool down (30 minutes is sufficient).
Tip: to store the jerky several months, but only if the containers are sealed and closed tightly.
Pineapple beef jerky
A little exotic, but the essence remains unchanged. We take a nice piece of meat, a little spice and a variety of sauces and make a great snack with beer.
1 kilo beef tenderloin;
— 2 tablespoons onion powder;
— 2 teaspoons garlic powder;
— 4 teaspoons black pepper;
— 4 tablespoons of brown sugar;
— 150 ml of soy sauce;
— 50 ml teriyaki sauce;
— 40 ml wostershire sauce;
— 50 ml balsamic vinegar;
— 5 tablespoons liquid smoke;
— 2 teaspoons of chili;
— 100 ml pineapple juice (important ingredient!).
1. Send the meat in the freezer for 30-40 minutes and then slice it into thin strips.
2. In a bowl mix onion powder, garlic powder and two tablespoons of black pepper. These spices roll meat and put it in the fridge.
3. Get a saucepan and heat up on medium heat brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke and pineapple juice. Mix well and wait for the moment when brown sugar has dissolved. This marinade must be cooled down to cool.
4. Pour the marinade into the bowl with the meat, stir well to strips of beef were completely covered. Press down a bowl of some goods and put in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
5. Put it on the bottom of the oven with foil, as we taught you in the previous recipes, place the meat on the grill. Top can sprinkle the meat with chili pepper.
6. The temperature regime is still 80 degrees. Beef needs about 5-6 hours to turn into jerky. If you don’t want to get too dry the meat, take it out sooner.