30 facts about food
1. The average ear of corn have an even number of rows, usually 16.
2. A large part of the wasabi consumed is not real wasabi, most often it is painted hell.
3. One of the most popular toppings in Brazil is green peas.
4. About 70% of olive oil sold is not pure olive oil.
5. True aged balsamic vinegar is from $75 to $400 and higher.
6. The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12 000, and on its preparation to 72 hours.
7. The winner of the contest Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating in 2013 he ate 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes.
8. In Tokyo there is an amusement Park that offers ice cream with the taste of the cheese of horse flesh.
9. The tea bag was created by accident at first, tea bags were used as samples.
10. A big «Cinnabon» contains less sugar than a half-liter bottle of Coca-Cola.
11. Bobrova jet, which is used as vanilla flavour in candies and baked goods, produced by beavers in special sacs located near the anus.
12. Toxic brain mushroom is considered a delicacy in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, and the upper Great lakes region of North America.
13. Supposedlyabouta minute, which is a delicacy around the world, is fish sperm.
14. One hamburger can contain the meat of 100 different cows.
15. Ketchup in the beginning of XIX century was used for medicinal purposes, including the treatment of diarrhea.
16. Peanuts are not actually nuts, they’re legumes.
17. The most expensive fruit in the world is the Japanese Yubari cantaloupe. At an auction two melons was sold for $23 500.
18. Eating bananas helps fight depression.
19. Honey made from bees vomit and nectar.
20. Apples float in water because they contain 25% air.
21. Cucumber can quench your thirst, because 96% consists of water.
22. In the world there are 7,500 varieties of apples, and if you try to variety in a day, you need 20 years to try them all.
23. The most popular early carrots were purple.
24. Ripe cranberry bounces off a hard surface, like a rubber ball.
25. The radish belongs to the cabbage family.
26. People from birth are experiencing sugar cravings.
27. In pineapple contains a plant enzyme bromelain helps break down proteins and can destroy the taste buds.
28. The Popsicle was invented by 11-year-old Frank Epperson in 1905.
29. Improperly prepared puffer fish can cause death as it contains a toxin 1,200 times more lethal than cyanide.
30. Curls in the pretzels symbolize arms crossed in prayer.