What is the synonyms in the Russian language?
All, without exception, while studying in the school subject, called «Synonyms». However, not everyone will be able to answer what are the synonyms in the Russian language?
What is the synonyms in the Ukrainian language
As mentioned in the rules of the Russian language school programmes, synonyms are words that are pronounced different, but at the same time have a close value. The word «synonym» has Greek roots and means «homogeneous». In science it is accepted to name the various concepts of Greek or Latin terms.
Despite the fact that synonyms are in fact one and the same concept, but usually each of these words has its own connotations. It is because in the Russian language there are synonyms, it is considered one of the richest and most expressive in the world.
As an example, we can compare the words «beautiful» and «lovely». They are not only synonyms, but also cognates. However, one of them is a dry statement of fact, while the other has signs of seizure.
Communication arising between different synonyms of one word, is called the synonymic relationship.
Classification of synonyms in the Russian language
Having a similar meaning and pointing to the same concept synonyms differ in coloration, frequency of use in speech and tightness in a particular style. There are synonyms which differ from each other and value, and coloration. Synonyms are classified into:
- With items or symbols. Example: actor – actor – actor. These words show a different attitude and different sides of the same profession.
- From a social evaluation of the described subject matter. Example: salary – compensation – Board. These words show a different attitude towards due for some work.
- Applicable depending on the style of speech. Example: a horse is a horse.
- According to its etymological meaning, which is able to provide one of the word a special flavor. Example: bold, fearless. These words have a common meaning – brave, but in the first case, it’s associated with the determination, and the other with no sense of fear.
- In the presence of the portable values. Example: big-large.
Examples of synonyms
Not without reason Russian language called very rich. Here every word, you can easily pick up at least one word-a synonym. Of course, this does not apply to scientific terms, which are found only in a specific professional environment. Most synonymic relations have adjectives.
For example, the word fun, you can pick up such synonyms – cheerful, joyful, funny, holiday, etc.
By the way the boundary – boundary, boundary, etc.
Be afraid – be afraid, be afraid, tremble, etc.
Stylistically neutral synonyms are
In the Russian language philologists have identified several types of synonyms:
- Neutral – represent a certain group of words that are similar in meaning and carry a strong emotional load. Example: quick – rapid – fast — speed.
- Stylistic – a group of words which affects the style of the phrase as a whole. Example: friend – comrade — PAL.
- Semantic group of words that is used in order to give the expression a finished look. Example: white — white.
- Semantic and stylistic – a group of words that is used for maximum reflection shades of meaning and expression of emotions. Are synonyms used to refer to the style of speech. Example: biography – the fate of the red fire.
- Context of words that have common values and, in fact, are not synonymous, however, in a particular case, they are used to Express one thought. Example: «the week was hot, painfully boring.»
Unlike synonyms antonyms
These two concepts are sometimes confused. Synonyms we call a group of words that has similar meaning, and antonyms is the opposite group of words that have opposite meaning.
Synonyms: warmly – welcome.
Antonyms: good – unfriendly.
Both of these concepts – synonyms, antonyms, and used by us in order to accurately and fully Express their opinions.