What is the saying for a definition and examples
What is the saying? Many have heard about such a manifestation of folk art, like Proverbs, but few thought and understand the essence of the origin of this true folk wisdom that came to us through the centuries. According to the rules of the Russian language is considered to be that Proverbs is one of the forms of poetry created by the masses. Proverb is a short expression of thought, has deep meaning, and quite often contains ritmicheski selection of phrases.
Saying must meet the following criteria:
- He has a popular origin. No proverb has no specific author. All Proverbs are United by one feature — the authorship purely national.
- Deep meaning. Despite the brief content of Proverbs, and a small amount of words in the several lines laid down the sacred meaning of life science. In just a few words to glean the source of the information and instructions on how to act in a given situation, and what action should be abandoned.
- There is a rhyme between the words at the beginning of the proverb, and its ending. Russian people have always had many talents, inventiveness and a poetic soul. All these traits are reflected in Proverbs. Through poetic Rome, which is present in almost every line of folk wisdom, Proverbs are easy to remember, sounds fun, and it is simply impossible to twist in his own way. This has helped a proverb to exist in its original form, starting from their creation until today.
- Contains reasoning. Every proverb ends with a specific conclusion. That is, except the form of the narrative, it is a logical conclusion of thought.
- Encourages didactic thinking. After listening to the proverb of human thinking abruptly changes its direction, and is activated didactic mindset. Still it can be described as analytical thinking. This is the response of the brain to the flow of meaningful information received in a short period of time, which need to process and come to the correct conclusion.
A saying from the point of view of Philology
What the saying means in terms of philological science? What’s so special about this work of folk art that enables the proverb to be so popular for many centuries, and possibly millennia. After all, the record of the time of origin of a particular proverb no one led, and the population of modern Russia a little folk wisdom in all times and ages.
If we consider Proverbs from the point of view of science, as a small form of folk art, you will discover the amazing truth. Thanks to a number of literary techniques, the creators of popular Proverbs were able to achieve a special collection of words and phrases. The basis for this collection lies an unusual form of syntactic and lexical momentum. All this has been achieved through such literary techniques:
- Short text content. Rarely proverb consists of more than ten words.
- Frequent references to an undefined verb personal forms. This allows the meanings of Proverbs to reach the subconscious of each user, capable of analytical thinking, at least at the elementary level. Indeterminate form of treatment removes the listener from the personal perception that does not cause the construction of any psychological barriers.
- Concurrency. A literary device that is something similar with the formation of high-quality rhyming words. This is a nice sounding start and end of the string proverb.
- Alliteration. Selection of combinations of words, vowels and consonants so that eventually the phrase was tight, but at the same time rhythmic and rich sound arrangements, easy in pronunciation.
- Metaphor. An unusual comparison of life events are reflected in the proverb, unwittingly trigger the imagination of the listener. Absolutely everyone thinks differently, has a well-developed consciousness and imagination. That is a metaphorical technique gives the opportunity to the same proverb to produce in the minds and imagination of the listener an infinite number of situations. On this basis, it can be formed several conclusions and findings from the heard.
All these techniques convey a particular message inherent in the deep meaning of the proverb. The very same proverbial style tales has a traditional content, and did not change throughout the lifetime of a proverb, as a small poetic form.
Scientific course for the study of proverb
In modern science, Proverbs are considered as national property of the people, and their study engaged in the whole research areas.
- Paremiology. It is a science devoted exclusively to the collection and systematization of small parables, sayings and Proverbs. Individual representatives of this scientific study devote their lives to collect new Proverbs of their recordings and publications in special editions and codificatore.
- Folklore. The science of folklore, Proverbs, songs, tales, legends, epics etc. the Adage in the study of folklore is of special significance, as it is believed that if in the folk songs lies the soul of the people, in Proverbs is his mind and the centuries-old wisdom.
- Philology. It is a complex science that studies the Proverbs, not only from the point of view of folk art, but also the culture of the people who created Proverbs, its linguistic features, the development of language and writing within a defined territory.
The history of Proverbs
What the saying means to the people? The answer is simple: a lot. The value of Proverbs in the cultural development of all peoples of the world cannot be overemphasized. It is realized in medieval Europe, where they were compiled and systematized the entire manuscript collections of folk Proverbs. Till our days there are about 30 similar manuscript collections, compiled by a famous priest Philip of Alsace, as well as his students and followers in the period from the 13th to the 15th century.
In Russian culture, and Philology, the most famous supporter of folk art, Vladimir Dal. During his activities, he was not one collection and a dictionary of popular Proverbs that are table benefits folklorists, to the present day.
Nowadays, the study of Proverbs is included in the curriculum of secondary schools as one of the ways the development of analytical thinking in children.