What is the preposition in the Russian language
The pretext is a service part of speech. It plays an important role in establishing links between words. But to build sentences prepositions can not. To understand what is the preposition in the Russian language, you need to consider its functions and features.
Why do I need excuses
A distinctive feature of prepositions is that they indicate the dependence of nouns, pronouns and numerals standing next to them, words in a certain case. The drive makes a specific value case forms:
- Look in the newspaper — the preposition «in» konkretisiert importance of the place, in this case the direction towards the inside
- Put on the newspaper the pencil the preposition «in» konkretisiert spatial significance
- Hid under a newspaper pen — the preposition «by» indicates the value space
Therefore, the main role of prepositions is to indicate the various relations of certain words to a specific case form.
If you delve into the essence and to understand what is file drive, we can conclude that prepositions Express relations between objects:
- Object and action
- The object and sign
- Relationship between two different objects
Simple and compound prepositions
Prepositions are classified according to structure and origin.
In the structure of the prepositions are divided into two types:
- Simple prepositions. They are composed of one word. For example, the prepositions «in», «on», «under», «with», «in», «to» is considered simple.
Examples of usage of simple prepositions in the sentence:
- I looked in the window and smiled
- The girl stood on a chair and sang
- I looked under the stool
- Compound prepositions. They contain a few words. For example, the preposition «in connection», «unlike», «despite» is called composite.
Examples of the use of compound prepositions:
- Unlike me
- Despite good grades
- In connection with bad weather
Derivatives and non-derivative prepositions
The origin of the prepositions can be divided into two types:
- Non-derivative prepositions. They are not formed from parts of speech, for example, «above», «in», «through», «to», «in»
- Derivative prepositions. They came into our speech through the successful transition from the category of other parts of speech. Depending on which part of speech was a reason, they are divided into types:
- Verbal. Derived from verbs by moving them to the prepositions (despite, including considering due). Origin of verbal prepositions are forms of gerunds
- Noun. It is the prepositions, which represent a prepositional-case form of nouns. This category includes the preposition «by», «for», «due», «moderately», «account». These prepositions have lost meaningful communication with the nouns from which they are descended
- The adverbial. Formed from adverbs.
Pupils often admit a blunder, taking this reason for dialect. There is a simple rule that if, after the words «around», «before», «u» and the like is a noun or pronoun, then we have an excuse. For example, consider the adverbial preposition «ahead of»:
- On the eve of the holidays, he decided to take up training
In this case, «before» is a preposition, because near is a noun. In addition, this word is impossible to ask a question.
- I went to the doctor the day before
We see that in this sentence «before» is an adverb. From the verb «was» can I ask a question (when?) to this word. Therefore, we can conclude that «eve» is an independent part of speech, not a reason.
Despite the fact that the prepositions belong to service parts of speech, they are very important for the Russian language, establishing relationships between words.