What is sushi? The whole truth about the dish
In big cities and small towns continue to open new restaurants where everyone can find dishes from your favorite cuisine. One of the largest culinary culture is Japanese culture. Sushi is one of Japanese traditional dishes. Let’s talk more about what is sushi.
What kind of sushi dish?
Many Japanese gourmets would say that sushi is not just food, it’s in the first place, the standard of freshness and natural taste. The main ingredients of this dish are rice and seafood. You can create different flavor combinations, combining rice with seafood. Traditionally, this dish served with spices as it gives it elegance and piquancy.
Sushi is not just one of the Japanese dishes, this is the card of the country and the East.
Many may ask the question: is there any benefit in this dish, or to eat sushi unhealthy? Scientists have shown that seafood, which makes sushi – is a real storehouse of vitamins. For example, algae contain nutrients such as:
- A lot of antioxidants.
- Vitamins A and B.
- Minerals, etc.
Moreover, nutritionists claim that interact with each other, the ingredients of this dish can take part in the fat burning process. This combination, in their opinion, is perfect in cooking, therefore very useful for health.
However, sushi can be a pity. It’s all in the freshness of the products. If you use stale or spoiled food during cooking of any food, such food is not only useful, but also can harm health. Sushi is no exception. Fish, of which a dish must be fresh. The ideal option is when a chef makes sushi from a freshly killed fish. In some restaurants there are unscrupulous employees, who can purchase party, if not stale, as fish parasites. In this case, it is not excluded that after man ate sushi, it will have worms.
The specificity of Japanese sushi
This dish seems to be important in Japan, as special attention is paid to its appearance. The Japanese believe that sushi needs to look perfect, so to make it, they produce not only fresh, but also beautiful products.
In most cases, fish and other seafood used for food raw, at least – smoked. Sometimes the ingredients are salted, although in Japan do not. As noted above, the main thing for the Japanese is freshness from the dish.
Feature of sushi is the fact that on the table they can be both main dish and appetizer. Sometimes, instead of fish or seafood in this dish put the vegetables, for example cucumber. Modern cooks prefer to pamper guests of sushi restaurants from the meats or even vegetables.
What is the use of dishes?
Use sushi to human health cannot be overemphasized. Those who often eat, can hardly complain of headaches, or failure of the heart. Regular consumption of seafood helps to stimulate the brain, improve overall health and strengthen the immune system. In addition, eating this dish can:
- To improve and normalize bowel function.
- A positive impact on the condition of the hair and skin.
- Strengthens bones and teeth.
- A positive effect on the development of intelligence, etc.
- Increases life expectancy. As evidence, we cite the official statistics: in Japan, the average life expectancy of 80 years. It is much more than all the countries of the former Soviet Union.
What are the different types of sushi?
There are several types of such meals, each of which has its own unique name. It consists of two parts. The first part is a filling dish, and the second is the class to which it belongs. The most popular sushi in the world – rolls and Maki.
To help you understand the formation of the names of the dishes, here is an example. Tuna, which is used for the filling, sushi, Japanese language is translated as «maguro». So, sushi menu featuring tuna will be called «maguro Maki».
The most common and simple to prepare a variation of this dish is nigiri Maki. They look as follows: on a plate put the rice on top of rice, a piece of red raw fish. Consider some of the popular types of dishes:
- Gunkan nigiri – a Cup filled with rice and any filling, for example, red caviar. Such sushi is very beautiful, so the Japanese love to decorate their tables during the reception. Gunkan nigiri – excellent appetizer.
- As Maki – sushi, baked in the oven. In appearance they are similar to fried fish.
- Spicy Maki – sushi baked these the same as the yaki Maki, but their filling is much sharper. This dish is perfect for lovers of spicy food.
- Kappa nigiri – this dish is wrapped in fresh cucumber. A Cup filled with his spicy stuffing.
- Crimea Maki (sushi Crimea) – a Cup of this dish is filled with cheese and avocado.
- Temaki – rolls in the form of a cone, which are filled with any filling.
Preparation before eating sushi
So, if you decided to try this Japanese dish, we recommend you follow the following tips.
- Choose the right restaurant. This advice is especially important for those who will eat sushi for the first time. A bad chef can cook them wrong and you will disappear forever the desire to have this dish. Besides, in some places unscrupulous chefs can make from stale fish and spoiled food. Therefore, before choosing a school, check the reputation and reviews of his kitchen. This is important for your mood and health.
- Do not think that the price of the dish depends on the quality. This is not always the case. Delicious and healthy rolls can be inexpensive, while not very tasty, on the contrary, are overpriced.
- Please check what types of rolls there are. This will help you determine the type of dish you would like to try. Plus, do not exclude an allergic reaction to some product used to make rolls. If you have allergies, you especially need to know the composition of the dish that you order.
- Check seasonings, served with rolls. This is such seasonings as ginger, wasabi and soy sauce. Along with sushi you can enjoy a tank where you pour soy sauce. Do not completely fill it with sauce, otherwise when you dip sushi in the sauce, it will evolve.
So you found out about this wonderful Japanese dish like sushi.