What is studying physics?
The word «physics» has appeared before our era, during the life of Aristotle. First, this notion is almost no different from the term «philosophy». They all tried to explain how the universe functions. Today, however, these Sciences are completely different and not overlap. So many wonder, what is studying physics?
The emergence of the term
In ancient times people tried to interpret the word physics. He was given importance in Ancient Greece and India, as well as in the East. To learn this science tried many philosophers, theologians, even doctors and sailors.
The term appeared in the fourth century BC. In Greek it can be translated as «nature». Then this word sounded like «fuses». The «physics» it was much later, in the eighteenth century. At the time, Mikhail Lomonosov translated the first physics textbook, written in German language. This was the beginning of the development of this science in Russia.
What is studying physics?
Difficult pair of words to answer the question «what is studying physics?», because it affects many aspects of life. This science seeks to understand the laws of nature, exploring its diverse phenomena.
All items that are in the world, according to physics called physical bodies. Any changes that occur, is a physical phenomenon. Science deals with different phenomena happening to the bodies. They are divided into the following groups:
- mechanical (movement of any object, including planet Earth and all other celestial bodies);
- electric (physics considers not only lightning, but also the functioning of various devices and air ionization);
- magnetic (in addition to the work of the well-known magnet, this phenomenon is connected with the Land itself, for example, with its influence on the compass);
- optical (rainbow and Northern lights – a vivid example of the phenomena of light);
- thermal (heat from the Sun, or appears during the eruption of the volcano – all this considering physics);
- sound (these include the sounds of voices and instruments, the birds singing and the sounds of the animate and inanimate world).
When viewed as a whole, this science is studying nature, trying to identify different patterns that would explain everything that happens in the world. Today physics focuses on the study of radioactive phenomena, including nuclear energy and nuclear fusion. Also, scientists are struggling to understand how the world was born. This takes a lot of time and effort, there are special expensive installation. Finally, they are actively studying electronics and computer science through which mankind now has the power, can use computers and the Internet.