What is rye?
Even a five year old child knows what is wheat, because from childhood we are taught the bread around the head. And the most fragrant and delicious bread that is baked from wheat flour. Despite the fame and popularity of wheat, such a thing as rye, familiar to a much smaller number of people. What is rye? With what it eat? What useful properties does it have? Let’s explain the order.
Spelt is one of the many varieties of wheat, and more specifically – it’s her ancestor. All varieties of modern, well-known wheat was derived based on spelt. This plant is pretty low maintenance and resistant to various kinds of fungal diseases, are also characterized by the rapid ripening of the grain in the ears. This semi-wild variety has many useful and healing properties.
According to nutritionists more than half of the diseases people get because of the fact that one stops eating a large part of useful plants, including the described species of wheat. What is the secret of its use?
The therapeutic properties of spelt
The systematic use of this plant as a food allows to maintain a system of human organism in norm. This variety of wheat contains a range of useful nutrients and are extremely rare components that are unique to cereals.
If you go on a diet with constant cooking with spelt:
- normal level of sugar in the blood system;
- decreases the likelihood of attacks of stroke and heart attack;
- reduces the chance of stone formation in the liver and gallbladder;
- significantly improves the function of the endocrine system;
- normalizes and improves digestion;
- reduces the risk of infectious diseases;
- prevents the development of anemia;
- eliminates the risk of atherosclerosis;
- bone will be much stronger;
- normal metabolism in the body;
- increases the speed of weight reduction considering that this food diet is not.
Proceeding from the above, we can safely say that getting the body all the substances contained in spelt, enhances the protective functions of the immune system and prevents multiple infection and cancer.
Also welcome spelt in food is beneficial for Allergy sufferers who can not tolerate gluten. This type of Allergy is common and a good alternative to barley or oats containing gluten are rye. Components contained in this variety of wheat, evoking allergic reactions were not observed. The wheat and for the child’s body, especially for those who suffer from some kind of asthma. Cereal rich in vegetable protein, which contains amino acid. Moreover, this component in the spelt contains more than chicken eggs.
The use of spelt in cosmetology
The high content of vitamin B6 normalizes the digestive tract, helps to ensure that fats are digested evenly and are excreted from the body excess cholesterol. Spelled recommended for people with the problem of excess weight.
The caloric content of spelt
Spelt is a product of low calorie but high protein. This is one of those cereals, which still preserved the optimal set of chromosomes necessary for human body as food taken. Calorie content of this food product – 127kkal. This is another fact based on which, spelt is considered to be dietary.
The composition of nutrients
Absolutely all matter contained in the spelt, useful and necessary for the human body. These include: protein (about 30% of the total weight of the product), 18 kinds of amino acids, almost all the vitamins b, E and PP, as well as magnesium, calcium, potassium, and many other substances.
All of the above substances contained in spelt, balanced among themselves. Therefore, taking in food this cereal culture, people need not worry about what a certain substance in the body will prevail over others. All nutrients are stored in the grain, even in the form of flour and is digested by the body.
Recommendations for the selection, purchase and storage of cereals
- It is worth considering the fact that «the progenitor of wheat» has several names, for example, spelt, Emmer or Kamut.
- The purchase of this cereal can best be implemented in health food stores as a high risk of getting inferior product.
- Pay attention to the expiration date and package integrity.
- It is recommended to replace cereals with fast way of cooking the spelt flour.
- High quality cereal doesn’t contain impurities and grains with husks, and cereal itself has a Golden color.
The best preserved Emmer wheat can only be achieved when you place it in a compact clean and dry the container, which should be placed in the refrigerator.
Let’s see what kind of cereal is spelt, and how to properly prepare to make the most of all of the contained nutrients. Today the Internet allows to find a lot of recipes, but in this article we consider the most useful and tasty.
The classic recipe of spelt grains
Porridge made from Emmer wheat, boiled in water, was popular even in ancient times in Russia.
In the cooking process uses the following components:
- 2 tbsp. cereals;
- 350 grams of butter;
- the salt and sugar.
The cooking process is quite simple, as actually all the ingredients.
- Using the colander should be well washed cereal.
- To boiling in a small pot of water, slowly and gradually added Krupa.
- On low heat boil the spelt for about half an hour.
- Before removing the porridge from the heat added sugar and salt.
- Cooked spelt is more delicious if just before serving this simple, but very tasty, add in a bowl the butter. It will emphasize the unique flavor characteristics and make it more rich flavor of the nut.
Fruit spelt porridge using a slow cooker
Spelt – millet is rich in nutrients, delicious and goes perfectly with the fruit, will be a useful and nutritious Breakfast for a child. In addition, the cooking process will not take much time.
For preparation will need:
- 400 grams of cereals;
- 2 cups of milk;
- 0.5 Cup currant or raspberry;
- 2 bananas;
- 1 Apple;
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar;
- the mint leaf.
The preparation of such generous vitamins dishes will not take more than 40 minutes:
- On the bottom of the pan and poured 2 cups of warm milk, then gradually pour and mix spelt cereal.
- The mode multivarki «Mess» included half an hour, prepare everything yourself, you will sprinkle the already cooked spelt vanilla sugar.
- Once the porridge has cooled, put it on a plate, adding the pre-whipped in a blender fruit.
- Garnish the dish with mint leaf.
That’s all delicious and healthy Breakfast is ready.