What is Republic definition of Republic
And although the word Republic at all on hearing, not everyone can articulate its precise definition. What is the meaning of this concept? Try to understand what a Republic is, and what varieties are there?
Republic («RES» — thing, «publics» — public) is a form of government which provides for the election of the highest departments of government by the people or the formation of their Parliament.
A distinctive feature of it is that the President is always elected by the people, not appointed by inheritance or otherwise. The highest authorities are elected for a fixed term and are entitled to resign, or it is done at the request of senior management. Depending on the species, the Parliament can be formed by the President.
What are the different kinds?
Looking as interacting with the legislative and Executive branches of government, and what is the role of the first person, the Parliament and government, form of government is:
- Parliamentary (parliamentary).
What are their fundamental differences? Try to understand more specifically.
Even the name itself says that all power is in the hands of the President.
Distinguishing characteristics of this species are:
- The sole creating of the Cabinet of Ministers by the President without participation of the Parliament. He is responsible for implementing the management and monitoring of their activities.
- Run by the head of state taking on a position, and dismiss any Minister.
- There are so-called rigid distinction between legislative and Executive power are separated from each other.
- The President is elected by the people and has a definite independence from the Parliament. However, his situation gives him the right to dissolve the Parliament, but it may make him mistrust.
- The decision made the guarantor of the sovereignty of the state is not inclined to contrassegnati, but he is responsible for them by impeachment.
- The post of Prime Minister is not provided.
- The head of the country combines the two posts. As he heads the Executive power and is the first person of the state.
- Executive and legislative branch is very specifically delineated, their message resembles a complex system of checks and balances.
Striking examples of this are countries such as Chile, USA and Mexico, and America is a classic example.
Parliamentary (parliamentary) Republic
The title here speaks for itself and serves as a hint, all the power in this country to the Parliament, but from the preceding species it is distinguished by the procedure for interaction of state agencies, here everything is a little more complicated.
Significant features are the following:
- The main body of state power – Parliament, it has a leading position in the organization life of the whole country.
- The head of state elected by Parliament or a specially formed for this purpose by the Board, with participation on a mandatory basis for members of Parliament.
- The President is entrusted, in fact, only representative tasks, while the real President is the Head of government is the Chancellor.
- The first person the state is given the right to appoint the head of government, but freedom is limited by the fact that the candidate must be selected from the leaders of the party coalition that has the most seats in Parliament.
- The President has no right to make an independent decision regarding the resignation of a member of the government, as it is not subordinate, and the Parliament itself. However, at the request of the head of government, he can dismiss any member of this Department.
- The President may not at his own request, to send a member of the government resign because it is accountable to Parliament, not the President.
- The Executive power is, in fact, belongs to the Prime Minister, the Chancellor of state, who has the full legal authority to implement the policies of the government.
- All acts, which are created by the President, must undergo the procedure of countersignature. That is, need additional signature of the Prime Minister, who will be responsible for the act.
Bright representatives of this type are Germany, Israel, Turkey, India and Greece.
There are States where it is difficult to notice a clear distinction in appearance. In this case, most likely, have to be mixed. Giving a definition of what a » Republic of the mixed type, it should be noted, that is dominated by presidential power, which is aimed at monitoring the functioning and implementation of these goals. In this case, he is accountable to both the Parliament and the first person of the state. In such countries it is impossible to distinguish clearly between legislative and Executive power, as in that quite a lot of authority relative to each other. You can find many constraints and balances, which create the necessary balance between the creation of the law and its execution.
As the power of the President here somewhat larger than in the presidential form of the Republic, a mixed form is often referred to as super-presidential. The main characteristics are the following:
- The first person the government often performs the function of an arbitrator.
- The President receives his authority directly from the people, that is, his candidacy in the elections is determined by collecting the greatest number of votes.
- Although the head of state, is not legally managed by a higher Executive authorities, as this function is performed by the Prime Minister, he has certain powers that allow you to have enough influence on government policy.
- The government at the same time responsible to the President and Parliament, however, the head of state responsible for the actions of this Department and the decisions taken.
- The President has the right to appoint elections to the Parliament before the deadline.
A striking example is once there was the French Republic, the modern country of the African continent, Poland, Romania.
In most modern countries the form of government in the form of a Republic, particularly for the young countries or are under development. As the Republic is the youngest of all the existing form of government, it is constantly evolving changes in the governance of country, choosing the most effective in modern conditions. It is the form of Republic allows you to experiment and thus to develop the country as a whole.