What is osteopathy in the modern world?
In the modern world are constantly emerging and developed new methods of manual treatment, which represent significant competition for traditional medicine. This category can be attributed to osteopathy. Still, what is osteopathy? It is a comprehensive method of treatment of various diseases of the body systems. Osteopathy involves the use of massage techniques, all types of point impact on the organs with the fingers, acupuncture.
The degree of effectiveness of the methods of osteopathy are not fully understood, as the official health statistics are not maintained. There are different opinions about the benefits of osteopathy. Information resources are full of various information. Some patients are satisfied after a course of alternative therapies such and others have expressed dissatisfaction, claiming that as a result they had to seek medical help from a doctor qualified.
Osteopathy as an independent science
Osteopathy is the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the body, which arose due to violations of the structural-anatomical parts of the human body. Determined by the presence of problem areas in the structure of the musculoskeletal system through palpation. In the same way a specialist osteopath determines diseased organ. All methods of diagnosis and treatment based solely on the sensitivity of the fingers of a doctor of alternative medicine. It is necessary to consider this science in more detail:
- In most countries osteopathy is not recognized as an independent medical branch.
- Some of the ways of treatment used in osteopathy are used in practical neurology.
- In Russia osteopathy are allowed, and under current law is equivalent to manual therapy.
- A lot of practice of nonconventional medicine include osteopathic treatment of the human bioenergetic flows, herbs, reflexology.
- Despite the vastness of the treatments, none of them has a legislative basis and is not included in the approved therapeutic Protocol used in a particular disease.
Many doctors-osteopaths refer to their activities philosophically, claiming that osteopathy is the art, to comprehend which we need for many years. Alas, practice shows that most of these doctors do not have the higher medical education. This aspect significantly undermines the credibility of such a specialist.
About the speculation about osteopathic treatments
During the existence of osteopathy, a host of her supporters and opponents. This process gave rise to many disputes and formed a certain judgment that can rightly be called wrong, as if they were not protected persons, cultivating this unconventional form of medicine.
There are dogmas of osteopathy:
- Treatment can be successful only if the osteopath and the patient is fit for psychological type. In this factor included the assertion that between a doctor and patient should form deep, trusting relationships on the verge of friendship.
- Instant relief after the first session of osteopathy does not occur. It is necessary to undergo several courses of therapy to impact on specific points of the body, the beginning to have a positive effect.
- In the evening after a therapeutic session may become painful in the areas of physical impact strong by the hands of the osteopath. It is believed that this is the beginning of the therapeutic effect of manipulation is given on vital points on the human body.
- As you progress through treatment, pain subsides, and the body begins to recover, start the process of treatment.
These factors are based the classical treatment methods of osteopathy. Many patients do found in this practice a healing of the old chronic diseases, but there are people who don’t share the positive qualities of folk medicine of this type.
What is the main difference between osteopathy and manual therapy?
Despite the strong similarity in the methods of treatment, chiropractic and osteopathy are different techniques impact the human body.
Manual therapy — is working with the musculoskeletal system of the patient to achieve a certain effect. In fact, the basis of chiropractic therapy is therapeutic massage. In osteopathy the same massage is not the only way to cure the patient from disease. Doctors-osteopaths in addition to massage can use herbs, acupuncture, bio-energetic rhythms, recipes of Chinese traditional medicine. It is difficult to determine the boundaries of treatment in osteopathy.
In contrast to manual therapy, osteopathy is less painful for the patient. In this form of therapy is not accepted to carry out painful reposition dislocated bones and joints. Osteopathic methods can be used to treat patients of any age. There is an opinion that after the traditional manual therapy a number of relapses of the disease is much higher than after this course of osteopathy.
What diseases can cure osteopath?
Surprisingly, the list of possible diseases, which can help osteopathy is large enough. What osteopathy treats? Here are the main diseases which the osteopath:
- Diseases of the throat, ears and nose (sinusitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, otitis media).
- All possible diseases that affect the spine. Osteopathy treats even herniated discs. Still the most commonly the object of treatment is scoliosis and degenerative disc disease.
- Neurological pathology in form of chronic headaches, neuralgia, high blood pressure.
- Pulmonary disease. Chronic bronchitis, asthma, chronic inflammation of pleural sheets.
- Diseases of the digestive system. Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, bloating, hepatitis, hemorrhoids, pancreatitis, various liver dysfunction.
- Diseases of the female reproductive system. Infertility, pain during menstruation, inflammation of the appendages.
- Diseases of male urogenital system. Prostatic hyperplasia, chronic bacterial and congestive prostatitis, impotence.
- Postoperative complications. Fistulas, adhesions, damaged tissue, inflamed scars.
- Cerebral palsy in children and adults. Helps to improve motility of the limbs, and the response of nerve endings.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list of diseases that practices, osteopaths are able to heal with their hands. Trust of osteopathy as an independent treatment method, or to give preference to traditional medicine — is an independent choice of each individual.