What is oregano, use condiments
Each country is characterized by its spices to the dishes, and Russia is no exception. There are many delicate spices, which give food is really rich and flavorful taste, among them we can mention and oregano. What is the oregano, why you need it and how to use it? Let’s try to work this miracle herb.
What is oregano?
Oregano is a modern kind of spice, its composition contains buds and leaves of plants that have a fairly deep and subtle smell. With the addition of this seasoning, you can cook different dishes, it is added:
- In salads.
- As a flavoring for the brew.
- In soups.
- In home-brewed beer.
- For all types of meat.
People very often oregano is called origanum, which is why this name is also the place to be. It is often confused with marjoram, but it’s worth noting that this is absolutely two different plants, despite the fact that they are relatives. By adding oregano to various dishes and salads, improves appetite and has a positive effect on the digestive system. That is why many people who suffer from regular indigestion, have in your kitchen this wonderful seasoning.
The use of positive properties of oregano
Very often oregano goes well with such spices as:
- Black pepper.
But if the house has no oregano, can it be replaced? This question interests all modern Housewives, because it is not always possible to find a seasoning at hand at the time when the need arises.
Research scientists from the West of England, we can conclude that oregano oil is the most useful and medicinal properties, in comparison with other drugs and pills. Thanks to a rich and nice taste, we get not only fragrant and delicate dishes, but also enrich your body with nutrients. Oregano has many healing properties, it’s impossible not to notice.
Since ancient times, oregano is added to meat dishes for the nobles. Previously, this spice was a luxury it could afford only wealthy citizens. Later, already with the broth, oregano began to treat the wounds of soldiers used tincture after the poisoning and other changes in the body associated with digestive disorders.
Oregano, aka oregano, has many useful and medicinal ingredients, among which we can mention:
- Essential oil.
- Vitamin C.
- Bitter substances.
What complications did not have a body, and what would have been observed malfunctions, oregano is a panacea, it is used everywhere. Any poisoning or diarrhea will be destroyed thanks to the miraculous properties of this seasoning. Even today, the headache treated with the help of oregano, because it helps to alleviate the condition causes the whole system in tone, not allowing the body to succumb to any stimuli.
Among the useful properties vested in oregano include:
- Analgesic effect.
- Tonic effect.
- Anti-inflammatory effect.
- An antiseptic effect.
- Tonic properties.
- A hemostatic effect.
Even with dental pain often use oregano. Simply chew on a dried leaf of a plant, which immediately relieves inflammation and reduces pain.
Contraindications to the use of oregano
Spice has a pretty aggressive effect as well as a powerful tonic effect, therefore, observed its contraindications. Eat oregano is strictly prohibited the following categories of people:
- Pregnant women.
- Girls who are planning to become a mother.
- People with chronic gastritis.
- Suffer from stomach ulcer.
- A large number of condiments may lead to violation of potency men.
Drinks with oregano
If you don’t want to use the oregano as a seasoning, it can be easy to prepare cold or hot drinks on the basis of oregano, which will have a rich feel in your mouth and provide a tonic, tonic and healing effect. Let’s look at some modern recipes:
- Tea-based oregano. To prepare this drink, you need to take a spoonful of fresh or dried leaves oregano, pour them with boiling water and leave for 20 minutes to draw. Healthy and fragrant tea is ready. To enhance the taste, you can add a warm drink of honey. You get a very tasty and healthy cocktail.
- The juice of oregano. For this recipe you will need the stems of the plants. At the time of cooking the compote, put in a pot the whole sprigs oregano, tied with gauze. Once the water comes to a boil and gets the color of plants, it is necessary to remove from the pan. Thanks to this spice, you get a very tasty compote, no matter what kind of berries you used.
- Brew with oregano. In the prepared kvass, you must add the oregano leaves and leave for 15 hours to the fermentation process. After that you need to strain the brew. During this time, the drink is fully enriched with useful components, and will also have the unusual and rich taste.
- A nice drink with the addition of oregano. To do this, take a small pan, boil water in it and place inside the leaves of oregano. All together you need to boil for another 15-20 minutes, until such time as the water in the pan is reduced by exactly half. Remove the pan from the heat and be sure to cover it to not evaporated all the useful properties of oregano. Allow to steep for 30 minutes. Then you can drink, add honey, cinnamon and lemon, this will give you a unique and spicy taste. This drink can be drunk cold with ice and heat.
Than you can replace oregano?
Seasoning Oregano – this spice is almost indispensable, it requires no add-ons, easily used in its natural form. Its unique taste simply can not be compared with anything, but there is an alternative. If your house was not oregano, you can substitute dill, Basil or parsley. Of course, the taste will be less rich, but still, these substitutes will have a positive impact on the sensory characteristics of food.
Photo of oregano can be determined that it is quite a beautiful green plant that will be able to complement the dish just by its appearance. If you want to put on the table a beautiful and tasty dish with meat, use oregano as a seasoning and as a decoration to a dish.
It is a unique variant of the seasonings, which should be in the kitchen of every housewife, because of his popularity and positive properties is highly warranted.
Video about the benefits of oregano