What is endometrial hyperplasia?
Medical terminology is of particular difficulty for those who do not have proper education. Hearing some kind of diagnosis, people usually do not understand this. For example, what is endometrial hyperplasia? What disease is behind this name?
What is endometrial hyperplasia?
The question of whether endometrial hyperplasia what is it and how to treat, it is not supposed to touch men. Disease is entirely connected with the uterus, the female organ in which the development and further gestation of the embryo.
Hyperplasia of the endometrium is called the process of the growth of one of the layers of the uterus, called the endometrium. If it starts the pathological changes, it will become much thicker, increases in volume. Typically, this process is based on the excessive multiplication of glandular and stromal elements that are in this fabric.
Depending on that has undergone the greatest changes, there are several variants of the disease.
- For example, a common glandular hyperplasia, if increase glandular tissue.
- If in the process of growth appeared cysts, diagnosed cystic glandular hyperplasia.
- Although by themselves these formations are considered to be benign, there is a ten percent risk of degeneration into cancer. In this case, allocate the atypical form of the disease.
- Depending on where is the largest source of growth of tissue the disease may be called glandular-fibrous or fibrous. If struck by fibrous polyps, it can be almost not to worry about what they will transform into cancer, but cancer may develop separately, on the background of hyperplasia.
The causes of disease
Endometrial hyperplasia can appear in any female person, at any age, however, as a rule, most often manifests itself in a transitional period, under the influence of hormonal changes.
Among the causes of disease are:
- Hormonal disturbances (excessive amount of estrogen with lack of progesterone),
- Diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, excess weight, adenomyosis and uterine fibroids.
- The reason may be problems with the thyroid and mammary glands, and adrenal glands.
- Hyperplasia of endometrium can cause inflammation in the genitals.
- The reason may be hiding in the abortion procedure or curettage.
- Some possible genetic predisposition to this disease.
The symptoms and signs of disease
It is not enough just to know what is endometrial hyperplasia, should also be able to recognize its symptoms in time to see a doctor.
The key symptom of this disease are not the cyclicity of menstruation. The allocation can appear in the middle of the cycle, there may be delays. They sometimes have spotting structure, generally moderate, although there may be profuse with clots. Similar are usually says about adolescence.
If these pathological changes remain without attention, because of the strong bleeding can begin as anemia. If this is an excessive amount of estrogen, it is possible to infertility and lack of ovulation.
Very rarely, but still there are times when the disease does not manifest itself with any symptoms. In this case, people find pathology because of prolonged unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
Diagnosis and treatment
Endometrial hyperplasia can not pass by itself, but because, in the first place, it is necessary to pass examination by a gynecologist. In the case of suspected disease, the doctor usually appoints an ultrasound sensor. Thus we study the thickness of the endometrium, which will tell the specialist about the presence (or absence) of pathology.
This is followed by a hysteroscopy — fence part of the diseased tissue before menstruation. This will determine what type of disease is present. Finally, it is possible to check hormones and glands.
In the most serious cases and at the Mature age of the patient, treatment is by curettage or other similar operational methods. Then prescribed hormonal therapy (if these items affect the pathology).
In addition to surgical exposure, in some cases, use of oral contraceptives and hormonal drugs. In the process of rehabilitation can be given to national methods. For example, to improve the state of hemoglobin using the iron, the tincture of nettles.
Prevention of the disease
In order to not have to treat endometrial hyperplasia, it is best to visit a gynecologist at least twice a year. As one of the most frequent causes of the disease is abortion, will have to abandon this procedure. Will not do oral contraceptives, especially if there was prior consultation with a specialist.
Any disease of the genital organs the best time to cure, not lead to the appearance of hyperplasia. Should pay attention to all of the diseases that can cause the growth of the endometrium, such as diabetes and pressure.
A good prevention is the active lifestyle, regular fitness classes.