What is a yeast infection
What a yeast infection knows almost everyone. This is a problem faced by one-on-one, seven out of ten women. Causes this disease is yeast fungus that is a common inhabitant of the vaginal mucosa.
Causes of thrush
Thrush has nothing to diseases that are transmitted sexually. Causes the fungus of the genus Candida. Hence the name «candidiasis». This fungus is harmless in its essence, is a permanent resident microflora of the body, involved in metabolic processes.
But when there are factors that upset the balance of the vaginal mucosa, the resident begins to wreak havoc and cause a lot of trouble. There are a number of factors that can affect the appearance of thrush, such as:
- a sharp decline in immunity;
- disease chronic;
- the presence of sexually transmitted diseases;
- indiscriminate use of birth control drugs;
- use in the treatment of broad-spectrum antibiotics;
- diabetes mellitus;
- the period of pregnancy.
Some doctors agree on the opinion, the reasons for the development of candidiasis has been the following:
- Hormonal changes women. During pregnancy, ingestion of birth control drugs changes the acidic environment of the vagina. It becomes alkaline, which contributes to the dramatic development of the fungus.
- If the period of treatment proceeded along with the antibiotics, under the influence of active substances together with harmful microbes are killed and healthy milk sticks. All of this can happen if the immune system is severely undermined.
- It was found that the presence of fungi does not mean that there is disease candidiasis. Probably, their growth provokes allergies. Scientific studies have shown that if a woman has an Allergy to pollen, it is likely that the recurrence of candidiasis causes is in the blood allergen.
The symptoms manifestations of candidiasis
Symptoms of thrush are very similar in their manifestation with other sexual diseases. The main symptoms of yeast infection in women are:
- severe burning and inflammation of the labia;
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the labia, the pain from the collision;
- white discharge, copious;
- problems with urination, a burning sensation;
- pain from sexual intercourse.
Symptoms of candidiasis in males are manifested as:
- burning, redness accompanied by itching of the glans penis;
- whitish bloom;
- redness and inflammation of the foreskin;
- pain when urinating and during sexual intercourse;
Effective yeast infection treatment
If you experience any of the above symptoms, should immediately consult a doctor. Only he can correctly diagnose the disease. Time many women who were previously faced with this disease, neglect a visit to the gynecologist, which is unacceptable. First of all, your doctor will help you determine candidiasis or something else. Some STDs have similar symptoms with thrush.
Before the visit to the doctor, you can take several measures to reduce the symptoms of thrush. For a start it is necessary to refuse sex, and to comply with this rule is required and the entire treatment period. The need to undercut, reduce the manifestation of itching will help water with added soda. In any case you should not use soap, it will only exacerbate the burning sensation.
It is very important to change the diet. It is necessary to abandon sharp, salty and highly acidic. Bakery will create the perfect environment for fungus. The ideal consumption of vegetables, fruits, grains and more dairy products.
If time does not go to the doctor for help, the candidiasis can lead to complications such as:
- inflammation of the urinary organs;
- inflammation of the cervix;
- transmission of the disease during birth to a child.
Drugs for the treatment of thrush
Today, there are many medicines for the treatment of thrush. They are presented in the form of tablets, capsules, suppositories, creams and ointments.
If diagnosed with a mild case of candidiasis, to use in coordination with your doctor the following drugs:
If there is a chronic form of thrush, in such cases usually prescribe drugs such as:
In conclusion, I would like to note that candidiasis is quite common disease among the fair sex. To cure this disease you need immediately at the first symptoms, consult a doctor.
On the basis of tests and examination, the gynecologist will prescribe a treatment that will effectively help to get rid of thrush. Adherence to simple rules of hygiene and recommendations will allow you not to remember the illness.