What is a torrent and how to use it?
Very often, when someone is discussing going to the movies or buying a dvd, he might hear something like, «what, nothing to spend the money, I then torrent download». The result is a logical question – what is a torrent and how to use it?
For a start, it is necessary to consider the legal aspect of the situation and when such things are quite normal. Interestingly, in many foreign countries, such downloading is completely illegal and severely punishable.
Who and why use torrents?
Any job that requires its payment. Directors, writers, actors, composers, game designer – all the people that create digital (and not only) content a decent income. It is unlikely that the seller liked, if the buyer, after reviewing his product, said he’d take it for free, via the Internet. Everything requires time and labor, and it is to be paid.
«I have no money for the new game,» say some, «so I downloaded it from torrent». Unfortunately, the Russian-speaking citizens is difficult to understand that there is no fundamental difference between these uploads and the usual stealing bread from the store. When we don’t have that kind of money, we just don’t take, rather than looking for fraudulent ways to get free.
However, the torrent can not be considered something absolutely illegal. The Internet is full of things that are free legally. In this case the torrent becomes one of the most convenient ways download.
What is a torrent and how to use it.
So, having dealt with moral issues, you can move on to something more practical: what is a torrent and how to use it?
Torrents (or rather, uTorrent) is a program that runs on most operating systems, written in C++. It allows you to download from Internet various files at high speed.
Key features of uTorrent is:
- The ability to adjust the download parameters;
- Built anonymous tracker;
- Unicode support;
- The presence of more than sixty languages;
- Support magnet links and their preloading,
- The possibility of establishing limits and caching configuration.
People unfamiliar with torrents, it is often difficult to understand how to use them. First and foremost, you need to download the program uTorrent from the official site to your computer.
- Then it should be installed.
- In order to start the download, need to find the special torrent sites. One of the most popular is Rutog, and Rutracker.
- Selecting the object that you want to download, you must download a special file. It will look as follows.
- Should pay attention to the fact that the downloaded file is exactly like this. Often the sites are arranged so that a person mistakenly downloads magnet links or even something harmful.
- After the file is downloaded, click on it. Two Windows will be opened. The first is the program and the second boot configuration.
- The second window will show what is contained in the torrent. You can see the file type, name and size. If something is not satisfied, then the closing or cancellation will not allow anything to boot.
- If everything is in order, then simply select the location where it will be downloaded, and click on OK.
Features of the boot process
Unlike most of the tools previously used to download files, the torrent gives the ability to stop, pause and re-start processes. However, you should pay attention to the essence of such functioning.
After loading in the program window you will see the word «distribution» or «distributed». This is based on all work uTorrent. If some file no one is on hand, then other people, most likely, will not be able to download it, or the speed will be extremely low.
Download time and the number of seeders to two directly related factors. This can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. On the one hand, if a lot of people, then the speed will be very high, and it was good. On the other hand, if the dealer is not, it is unlikely that you do get to download something.
Despite these shortcomings, the torrent system is the most comfortable of all that can be used to download files from the Internet.