What is a period?
Unfortunately, not every girl understands what time of the month. Moms do not store conversations on the topic of puberty with their daughters and what it is, what phenomena accompany the process, the girls find out from friends or from the Internet.
This approach is fundamentally wrong, because the girl may just be frightened, saw spotting on my underwear. Ignorance of the situation leads to incorrect conclusions about its occurrence, and as a result, can be committed recklessly, sometimes dangerous things.
What is menstruation?
My period is a stage of the menstrual cycle, which leaves the lining of the uterus, and as a result, there are abundant spotting. The menstrual cycle is counted from the first menstruation until the first day of the next menses (average 28-32 days). On day 14 of the menstrual cycle the endometrium of the uterus to become thicker. A woman’s body is ready to accept a fertilized egg, if conception does not occur, the endometrial layer comes out in the form of bleeding.
The presence in the composition of the moon a specific set of enzymes attached to the discharge odor and color, which is pretty hard to confuse with regular bleeding.
At what age begins the menstrual cycle
The first critical days indicate that she is ready to conceive a child. On average, puberty in girls begins at 11-12 years. But the beginning of the first menstrual cycle may depend on many factors:
- Heredity. If moms girls first period came at age 11, then most likely, your daughter will for sure also.
- Possible illness. Weakened by disease the girl’s body, most likely my period will start later.
- Living conditions.
- Diet regime and nutrition.
How long is the menstruation
If there are no health problems and the girl is not pregnant, periods come every month. The average menstrual cycle lasts 28 days. The cycle time can vary for several reasons:
- Very high physical activity.
- Prolonged stress and depression.
- The abuse of alcohol. Smoking.
- Hormonal medications.
- The complete absence of sexual relations.
- The sharp decline of body weight.
- Irregularities in the thyroid gland.
- Transferred abortions and miscarriages.
Periods last from 3 to 7 days. During this time, the body loses a small amount of blood, which he quickly compensates after the end of menstruation.
First signs of menstruation
The selection of underwear women can be seen for a few weeks before the start of menstruation. Usually it is yellowish or clear discharge, no smell. It is important to remember, if the mucus has a strong odor and are accompanied by itching, you should visit a doctor. As for the monthly it is not a norm.
Also, a few days before the onset of menstruation can be signs of premenstrual syndrome. They appear as a sudden change of mood, pain in the head and painful sensations in the abdomen.
On the first day of menstruation start to go spotting. At first they are moderate, on the third day can worsen, and by the end of menstruation again becomes moderate. Do not be afraid if during menstruation are abdominal pain. This is normal and is due to natural female physiology.
Reasons for missing periods
First menstrual cycle is irregular. Only after two or three years you can talk about normal, steady-state chart the beginning of the month.
If a woman is not pregnant, the delay can occur for the following reasons:
- The abrupt change of climate.
- A wrong diet.
- The presence of chronic diseases of the endocrine system.
- Long, very physically demanding.
- Lack of weight.
- Prolonged state of stress.
- Genital injuries.
- Violation of metabolism.
Pain during menstruation and how to resolve them
Quite often in the first days of menstruation a woman complains of discomfort and poor health. May experience nagging pain in the abdomen and lower back pain. Every woman is an individual. And if for some period is a time of discomfort, for others this period does not violate the established rhythm of life.
To relieve pain during menstruation, experts recommend to use some ways:
- Warm bath. It relaxes the muscles and reduces contractions of the uterus. Important: the water in the tub should be warm, not hot.
- Hot water bottle with warm water. The effect of adoption similar to the effect from the warm bath.
- Massage the abdomen. Massage to smooth circular motions clockwise.
- Well reduces the pain raspberry tea or chamomile. In severe cases, consider taking painkillers.
- Helps to relieve pain, the fetal position.
Hygiene during menstruation
The purity of the body during menstruation is extremely important. It is obligatory to fulfill certain requirements of personal hygiene.
- The procedure of cleaning should be done at least 4 times a day. Be sure to use special gels or liquid soap and warm water. The movement should go from the vagina to the anus, and not Vice versa. Otherwise there is the risk of Contracting infectious diseases.
- Be sure to use the pads, the appropriate absorption. Pick up such funds, which do not cause allergic reactions, do not RUB, fit to underwear. Change the pad every three hours. At night you can put one, but a special night strip. It differs in size and absorption. For adult women a good alternative to pads will tampons. Nulliparous, young girls better to abandon such means of hygiene.
- Strictly follow the clean underwear. The blood on the cloth are favorable environment for bacteria to grow.
What not to do during menstruation
Every girl needs to know what actions during menstruation can adversely affect health. Not:
- Physically loading the body. Remember that any activity: dancing, fitness can provoke increased bleeding.
- Take a hot bath, sauna or swim in the pool. Ajar the cervix is a direct path for bacteria and infection and high ambient temperature provoke overheating and as a result of increased emissions.
- To consume alcoholic beverages. Alcohol increases blood pressure, which leads to deterioration and so is not very good health.
- Take medications that thin the blood. It increases the duration of menstruation and amount of bleeding.
- Hypothermia during menstruation can lead to the rapid development of inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system.
- Carry out beauty treatments. Hormonal changes during menstruation can provoke the most unexpected result from cosmetic procedures. For example, unplanned hair color when dyeing or skin rashes when waxing.
Knowing what menstruation is important at any age. This will help to take more responsibility for your body and health, preserve youth and attractiveness for years to come.