What foods contain magnesium
Some people think about how important every person to get a daily dose of the whole complex of vitamins and minerals. Depends on the stable operation of not only individual bodies but entire systems of the body. Is no exception and a necessary microelement such as magnesium. The deficit in the diet of this mineral can lead to catastrophic consequences for human health. To get daily dose of magnesium that the body needs, it is necessary to remember the names of food containing magnesium in the maximum number. So what foods contain magnesium?
Products containing magnesium in excess
Every person seeking a healthier lifestyle, trying to fully form your diet. To do this, he selects the products that can during the day to replenish the body with all vital substances. To satisfy the body’s need for magnesium, you need to remember about the eleven main products in which the amount of this trace mineral is through the roof.
- Beans. This type of legumes contains in its composition a sufficient amount of magnesium. If every day to eat 100 grams of boiled beans, the body will be provided 63 mg of magnesium.
- Sunflower seeds. Contain large amounts of magnesium. You can eat them in any form. Some prefer fragrant grains, and the people who live in rural areas, often eat seeds in raw form, eating them straight from the cap of the solar plants. In any case, the product is equally useful, and from the heat treatment, the amount of magnesium is not reduced. Also seeds can be replaced with paste.
- Pumpkin seeds. This huge berry contains a lot of magnesium, because its seeds contain an excessive amount of this mineral. 100 grams of product has 534 mg of magnesium. Of course, this product may be to the taste not for everyone because of its specific taste, but still, at least in a small amount of to consume pumpkin seeds is necessary.
- Dried dates. It is also able to replenish the body with magnesium. High-calorie Product, delicious and very healthy.
- Peanuts. There is the seed of all known plants. So nature has put in a huge amount of vitamins and minerals. Magnesium also abound — 185 mg per 100 grams of product.
- Spinach. Compared to other products it only has 85 mg of magnesium per 100 grams of green mass, but it plays an important role in filling the needs of the body in providing magnesium. Recommended for use to people on diets.
- Sesame seeds. They are composed of 351 mg of magnesium per 100 grams of weight. Very tasty, rich and buttery. The only drawback of this product is its cost.
- The pine nuts. For residents of the Western and Central part of Russia, they are virtually inaccessible because of the lack of these types of trees. All the people living in Siberia and the far East, you can Supplement your diet with wholesome pine nuts. They contain 351 mg of magnesium per 100 grams of product.
- Almonds. This Eastern walnut contains 301 mg of magnesium per 100 grams total weight. Is considered a leader among the products in which the highest content of magnesium.
- Walnuts. In comparison with other nuts have a low amount of magnesium in its composition — 169 mg per 100 grams of walnut kernels.
- Wheat bran. This product tops the ranking of food, very rich in magnesium. Using 100 grams of wheat bran to obtain 611 mg of this vital trace element. In addition, wheat bran and normalize the gastrointestinal tract that saturate the body with vitamin E and lead to normal carbohydrate metabolism.
If you consistently add to your diet such foods, it is possible to completely eliminate the lack of magnesium.
The daily requirement of the human body for magnesium
For normal operation of the body functions everyone needs a certain allowance of magnesium, which goes along with food. The needs of every body is different, but you can still identify an average daily rate of:
- Men aged up to 30 years need 400 mg of magnesium throughout the day.
- After 30 years of daily requirement for magnesium is increased, and must be at least 420 mg.
- Women up to 30 years recommended daily consumed along with food 310 mg of magnesium.
- When the woman’s age has topped 30 years, the need for magnesium is increased to 320 mg per day.
- For the child’s body need a daily dose of magnesium depends on the age of the baby, weight and diet. As a rule, the rule is consistent with the doctor a pediatrician, who observed the child.
The effects of a lack of magnesium in the body
Magnesium plays a key role in the formation of connective tissue in the body. This type of fabric is in each organ system. In almost all cases, lack of magnesium in the body leads to impaired development, education pathologies, as well as to a number of serious health problems. The most common effects of magnesium deficiency:
- Curvature of the spine. Due to lack of magnesium connective tissue that lies between the vertebrae is formed in an insufficient number or too weak in its structure. As a result, the spine can not withstand the load of body weight. This leads to its curvature.
- Mitral valve prolapse. This part of the cardiac muscle also consists of a large number of connective tissue. Magnesium deficiency is directly linked with weak walls and partitions of the mitral valve. Most often this disease affects teenagers when the body is developing rapidly, and trace elements on the formation of tissues is not enough.
- Varicose veins. Magnesium enters into the composition of substances, which are responsible for the strength of blood vessels. With a lack of magnesium on the human body appear for no reason, or a very small pressing, bruising. The veins become weak, appears venous mesh. This is especially pronounced in the lower extremities.
- Breakdown. Magnesium along with other minerals, forms an effective interaction of Central and peripheral nervous systems. When the body enough magnesium, a person active and cheerful, quick thinking, without effort copes with the most difficult work. When lack of magnesium, the situation becomes opposite. There is irritability, constant tiredness, drowsiness. May develop nervous tics, and other nervous system diseases.
Thus, the need of the human body magnesium is difficult to overestimate. After all, it is a vital trace element required for normal development of an organism.