What cures a physician-nephrologist. What is Nephrology
Adults and children are often faced with painful sensations that occur somewhere in the region of the waist. Kidney disease is not only unpleasant sensations. They can have a negative impact on human activity in General, causing mass of inconveniences and consequences. That treats the nephrologist, and that for science Nephrology will consider in this article.
Nephrology as a science
Specific science acupuncture is a therapeutic medical direction, based on the study of the functioning of the human kidney, as well as all associated with renal activity of the disease and other pathological changes of the body.
The origin of the term «Nephrology» taking in the result of comparison of two words of ancient Greek States – «nefros» – kidney and «logos» – doctrine. Department of Nephrology is a scientific and clinical base for the study and treatment of pathologies associated with the kidneys.
Doctor – nephrologist
Doctor-nephrologist – a person who, based on the testimony of patients and results of tests and surveys, establishes, heals and conducts preventive treatment of pain, chronic or acute renal diseases.
Violation of kidney function in some people are totally asymptomatic and up to a certain point it is impossible to diagnose the problem. The improper functioning of the kidneys can have serious health consequences not only in the area of the urinary system, and circulatory system. In order to better understand when it is necessary to go on reception to the doctor, consider the following symptoms:
- Anuria is a condition of the person at which there is the flow of urine in the bladder. Thus the patient does not feel the urge to urinate strongly swells.
- Oliguria is a condition of the patient, wherein the formation of urine dramatically slows down. This person rarely goes to the toilet, instead of the standard volume of fluid (1.5 liters of urine per day) is not more than 0.5 liters.
- Polyuria is a condition of the patient, wherein the urine output significantly exceeds the daily rate. In this case, instead of indicators – 1.5 liters per day, a person produces up to 3 liters of fluid. The patient complains of frequent urination, a noticeable increase in the amount gave up the urine, lumbar pain.
- Hematuria is a kidney disease characterized by the presence of vaginal bleeding in the urine.
- Proteinuria – kidney disease that is characterized by the presence of protein in the urine of the patient.
This is not all the problem of kidneys to be treatment of kidneys. Diseases such as: renal colic, stones and sand in the kidneys, the biological properties and the ability of urine output, urinary tract infection, nephritis, amyloidosis, hypertensive heart disease is associated with abnormal functioning of internal organs, inflammation due to lesions of the tissues of chemicals and other diseases require immediate treatment professional doctor.
How is the reception of a nephrologist
The doctor asks the patient, listens to complaints, learn necessary for diagnosis features of life, conducts the initial examination. The importance of the truthfulness of the information provided as some means to identify problems such as: bad habits, genetic predisposition.
After receiving all necessary information, the nephrologist prescribes tests:
- Tests, the results of which allow to see the level of precipitation in the urine.
- Biochemical analyses, the results of which allow to specify the speed of deposition of red blood cells.
- The analysis shows the results of a study of C – reactive protein.
After studying the above test results, the nephrologist may prescribe the following procedures, which involve the use of special equipment:
- The x-rays of the kidney (angiography).
- Abdominal ultrasound and kidneys.
- CT scan of the kidneys.
- MRI of the kidneys and region.
- Radionuclide study.
- Excision of a small piece of renal tissue for carrying out a microscopic diagnosis.
After all the necessary examinations and treatments a doctor makes the final diagnosis and initiate treatment. Treatment can be focused on getting rid of the specific disease – specific. Or universal – renal protection – is aimed at the elimination of any disease peculiar to the kidneys.
What is important to know before hiring nephrologist
To receive the nephrologist must be carefully prepared, namely to perform the following steps:
- Do not eat for 12 hours before taking a specialist.
- Not to take alcoholic beverages and tobacco products for 12 hours before taking a specialist.
- On the eve of receiving specialist is not recommended to drink plenty of fluids.
- Not recommended intake of certain medication before receiving nephrologist. If avoiding medication is not possible, you must notify the physician stating the name of the drug received, the dose and time of the last adoption.
Examination pediatric nephrologist
Diseases related to the functioning of the kidneys are not dependent on the age of the patient, so the doctor-nephrologist working not only with adults but also with children. Let us consider, in which case the necessary examination by a child specialist with kidney disease:
- If the child is severely swollen, noticed swelling around the eyes of a child.
- If the urine of the child can see the presence of mucosal secretions or blood.
- The child began to go to the toilet much less common.
- The child asks to go to the toilet too often and the amount allocated to the liquid is greatly increased.
- Urine is accompanied by a sharp and unpleasant smell.
- Urine acquired an unnatural shade, muddy or thick.
- Noticed redness or swelling in the genital area of the child that are not for some time.
- A child over the age of four begging to pee several times a night.
The presence of one or more of the above symptoms, the child has evidence of kidney disease and the need to visit a children’s nephrologist.
In this article, we reviewed what is Nephrology and who is qualified. In the case of the first signs of the onset of illness should immediately seek help from a specialist. Timely diagnosis and initiation of treatment of diseases allows you to quickly and effectively get rid of the disease, preventing the progression of infections.