Than to treat stomatitis in a child?
The word stomatitis may look quite formidable, but in fact refers to diseases which are spread about as widely as the common cold. Especially often suffer from this pregnant women, but the disease can affect children. Therefore, it is important to know how to treat stomatitis in a child.
In General, this pathology is a lesion of the mucosa of the oral cavity. Despite the strong prevalence of the disease, the mechanism of its occurrence is still not exactly defined. Most scientists believe that it is to some extent associated with the immune response to irritants.
If the immune system cannot recognize that it attacked the body, it causes the lymphocytes to attack almost everything. Approximately the same occurs in the case that starts the rejection of organs after a transplant. Of course, the situation with a thrush infection much easier.
The reasons for the development of the disease
There are many causes of stomatitis in people of all ages. One of the most common is the use of toothpastes and mouthwashes, which consists of sodium sulfate. This element is added to improve foam formation, but in your mouth it leads to dehydration.
In the result, the mucosa becomes more vulnerable, and therefore stomatitis may occur quite frequently. It is believed that if you use a toothpaste without this ingredient, if the disease will not recede forever, then at least become less painful.
There are other known causes of stomatitis:
- Sometimes the lesion starts from the fact that the man bites his cheek, or scratch the broken tooth, uneven crown, or other element of the prosthesis. In General, any mechanical damage is considered to be a potential cause of disease.
- It is believed that the pathology can develop as a result of serious stress.
- Their influence and power issues. If the diet lacks important elements then it could lead to the outbreak of the disease. Special attention is paid to practically all representatives of group B, and also zinc, iron and selenium.
Sometimes stomatitis develops as an allergic reaction to some products. In order for it to stop, it is important to clearly identify and then appears ulceration. Sometimes you need to pass a special survey to accurately determine the causative agent. However, most often they are:
- Cereals, grains,
- Vegetables and fruits,
- Dairy products,
- Vinegar and mustard.
Finally, sometimes the reason lies not in the food and in toothpaste, chewing gum or even taken drugs.
This failure may manifest itself in the development of any other diseases. These include pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, like gastritis, the presence of parasites in the body, as well as AFTA. It is believed that the list should include oncological pathology localized in the head. On the occurrence and course of disease is also affected by bacteria and genetic predisposition.
There are a few individual cases, which sometimes manifested stomatitis. For example, it can be a kind of side effect of chemotherapy. Also, do not drink and smoke, if you do not want to be pregnant. Dehydration as a result of diseases, hygiene issues and provision of dentures are also causes of the disease.
However, what about the kids? What causes most strongly relate to them? In this issue, an important role plays the age of the child.
- Up to three years, many began oral thrush.
- In older distributed herpes variant that develops after injuries of the sky and the microflora, as a result of sucking the dirty finger.
- For students the nature of the disease, which began as allergies, aphthous type.
Finally, at any age, you can get yourself a bacterial disease, which can be associated with lack of hygiene, and mechanical effects. In children mucosa is still not too stable to easily deal with multiple stimuli.
Although saliva and is designed to disinfect a variety of substances that enter the oral cavity in children, it may not be enough. As a result, the mouth becomes inflamed, appear stomatitis sores that, if untreated, and the continuing negative effect may noticeably grow.
Features of stomatitis in children
In childhood quite often there is Candida or fungal stomatitis. Any subtype can occur in various degrees of severity, to be chronic or even relapses. Option Candida, also called thrush of the mouth, differ in the following:
- If the disease is not growing temperature.
- Mouth plaque observed a white or gray color that is reminiscent of cheese.
- Because of the pain in the mouth, the baby may stop eating and start to act up. Sometimes children experience itching or burning.
- Plaque can be easily removed, but underneath it will appear the redness or even the blood.
- Oral thrush usually manifests on the inner side of the lips, but there are other possible localization. Subsequently, the plaque covers almost everything.
Another quite common option is a type of herpes disease. Sooner or later almost everyone gets infected by the herpes, and the virus cannot be eliminated from the body, but usually he’s hiding. If your child has herpetic stomatitis:
- The disease will manifest itself in the form of redness in the mouth, which then become bursting vesicles is observed to increase.
- Mucosa may appear different damage, like ulcers or cracks, which subsequently give it a marble pattern.
- Sometimes the sores can be symptoms of SARS, including fever and swollen lymph nodes.
- Even in mild form there may be a fever, but it is easy to remove medication.
To determine the exact cause of development of children of aphthous stomatitis is very difficult, and because, as a rule, and it is unclear how to treat thrush this type. However, it is possible to allocate distinctive features:
- First, the disease manifests itself as herpes type, but instead of bubbles appear aphthae. They are white, and around them the skin is red. As a rule, the form and edges quite clear.
- Over time, the lesions are covered by a film, and her breakout worsens the disease.
- Sometimes the temperature rises.
Depending on what kind of sores developed in the child, you can decide how to treat it. To prescribe medications should only by a qualified medical specialist.
Than to treat stomatitis in a child?
To start is to deal with method effects on Candida, also known as fungal, stomatitis. The treatment process aims at increasing the alkaline environment in the mouth, as this will allow you to cope with parasitic organisms. To do this, do the following:
- The mouth of the child should be treated with a mixture of two teaspoons of baking soda and Cup water. You can also add Blueprint 2%. The reorganization is necessary to carry out up to six times a day, but at least three times.
- Additionally sores, you can smear the cream or Clotrimazole Pimafucin. You should carefully inspect the gums and cheeks for the presence of lesions.
- If age allows, it is possible to give the child the drugs against fungi, but they must appoint a physician.
Finally, it is worth to take care of strengthening the immune system of the patient and put him on a diet with no acidic fruits, and irritating food. Besides, it is necessary to minimize the administration of carbohydrates.
Treatment of other types of child stomatitis
Many ask how to rinse your mouth with stomatitis herpetic type. In this case, often use a decoction of sage, chamomile or other herbs. You can buy a set like Maroma.
- If the child is over four years, he prescribed Drops for treatment of mouth and the drug Hexetidine.
- You can smear the sores with propolis.
- You must also use the funds to combat herpes. They must appoint a physician. Apply Zovirax, Acyclovir and some other options.
- If the disease recurs, then prescribe the Acyclovir in pill form.
- A herpes type is also affected by antiviral drugs. For example, children put rectal suppositories, like Interferon or Interferon. If swelling is very strong, prescribe Medidex.
Over time the mucous will begin to accumulate the cells die. They must be eliminated from the oral cavity. For this fit the egg white, which should be diluted in water. If rinse this liquid the child’s mouth, the excess will go with it. At the end of the disease will need to take care of a strong immune system of the baby. For example, you can buy special tablets for sucking.
Treatment aphthous type is the most problematicbecause even doctors don’t always prescribe the appropriate drug. Therefore, it is necessary to use conservative methods, like treatment with a solution of baking soda and adjustment of the power system.
If the stomatitis appeared as an allergic reaction, the doctor will prescribe drugs to combat allergies. In addition, suggest to adopt and immunostimulating drug. Often doctors suggest to apply gel Holisal, as its multidirectional effect. For example, it fights viruses, bacteria, relieves inflammation and pain.
General rules of treatment
In order to effectively cure stomatitis in a child, it is necessary to observe some rules. Of course, you must complete all medical requirements, but also should pay attention to these points.
- The child is required to observe the rules of personal hygiene – wash hands before eating, after toilet, etc.
- He should eat as little sugar as possible, and after dairy products, you should rinse your mouth with soda solution.
- Pacifiers should be washed with boiling water.
- If the baby is breastfed, you need to pre-wash it.
Finally, we must not allow the child to put in your mouth dirty things, and all people who live with him in the house needs to treat your herpes. These moments are an integral part of treating stomatitis in a child.