How useful cherries and why is it there?
Ripe juicy berries bright red have become the favorite treat for adults and children. But not everyone knows how useful cherries, and what the magical properties are hidden in her flesh. It hides a lot of vitamins and minerals that give a rejuvenating effect, help the body cope with colds, to restore the disturbed balance.
Why eat cherries every day?
The pulp contains: fructose, glucose, pectin, starch, organic acids and others, thanks to which cherry thins the blood and prevents the development of thrombosis. In addition, berry has other therapeutic properties, namely:
- Increases the rate of hemoglobin.
- Lowers blood pressure and helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- It is a preventive measure for the development of heart attacks, thrombosis, strokes and other pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
- Prevents the development of atherosclerosis.
- It has high efficiency in the treatment of diseases such as arthritis, gout, inflammatory processes in the joints.
- The berries have a positive effect on the organism, improves brain function, it is included in the menu in disorders of the Central nervous system, epilepsy, mental disorders.
- Antibacterial properties help to fight against intestinal viruses and bacteria. It is useful to drink juice in the treatment of dysentery.
- The pulp has a laxative effect and it is recommended to use for chronic constipation. It has a positive effect on intestinal peristalsis, cleanses the organs of toxins.
- Cherry fruit drinks are useful in diarrhea, as can quickly restore disturbed salt balance.
- The flu and SARS are recommended to drink the broth or juice from the cherries. Especially effective in the presence of dry cough or bronchitis, in this case it has mucolytic effect.
- Infusion is able to help with cramps, nervousness and attacks of rheumatic fever.
- Often cherry is effective to eliminate edema and in the treatment of chronic kidney disease.
Of course this is not the whole list, for example, this miracle fruit is recommended to add in the diet of women who are in the position, there is folic acid beneficial during gestation, as it gives effect in the development of a fetus. In addition, the cherry is an excellent prevention of anemia during pregnancy.
Beneficial properties of the juice
Not only eating cherries are beneficial for the body, but literally all the derivatives of the berry, for example, squeezed out the juice. It has the same useful properties as the pulp. For example, the juice can be drunk:
- for the prevention of atherosclerosis;
- if a strong increase in temperature;
- if you have diarrhea or vomiting, to restore the water balance in the body;
- dry cough;
- when dealing with intestinal viruses;
- when the diet to maintain the balance of minerals.
Cherry juice retains the advantage, even in canned form, so it can be reserved for future use, to weld on winter jam. Cherries considered to be a natural antiseptic, therefore, in the period of seasonal colds especially useful for consumption.
In the winter you can even harvest the leaves of cherry, of them in winter, brew a delicious tea rich in vitamins. Collect and immediately after the cherries are gone, otherwise you can lose time, and they will fall off. Dry them in the sun, avoiding direct sunlight.
Tea brewed from the leaves of the cherry has anti-inflammatory properties, helps to saturate the body with nutrients, and has a hemostatic effect. Also recommended their steamed when:
- a strong increase in pressure;
- nasal bleeding;
- the abnormalities in the menstrual cycle;
- disease of the liver.
To prepare a decoction of fresh leaves is better on the water, and dry milk. Equally good to use as dry leaves and fresh tea every day. You can drink fractionally throughout the day to get the desired effect.
The pit of this fruit contain a substance that is not beneficial for a person is hydrocyanic acid. That’s why eating them is extremely dangerous, as it is fraught with poisoning. However, do not be afraid to drink cherry compote, cooked together with bone, as in the heat treatment process, the poison disappears. To use the bones only for external poultices for gout.
We do not recommend eating cherries weight people suffering from such diseases:
- Cancer of the intestine.
- Diabetes in various stages.
- High acidity.
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory system.
- A stomach ulcer.
So cherry did not cause harm to the body, it is better to eat it in small portions or to discuss possible contraindications with your doctor. In addition, remember that after eating cherries is better to rinse the mouth, the acid contained in the juice does not affect the enamel of the teeth. In the manufacture of cordials or liqueurs are used only cherry without a stone, as it is without heat treatment can allocate hydrocyanic acid.
Use frozen cherries
Even when frozen berry retains all its useful properties, so the berries can be collected, cleaned from the bones and store in the cold at low temperatures. But you have to know how to do it right, so berry has retained its unique flavor and benefits the organism. Here are a few tips that will help:
- In the production of the berry is frozen at a temperature at least 25 degrees with a minus sign. At home fit conventional freezer.
- Need to collect whole berries with no signs of rot that are easily separated from the stalk.
- The gathered cherries are carefully washed and dried, preferably to do it on a cloth and use newspaper. Use clean paper or cellophane.
- Subjected to freezing berries like a bone, and without it. In the first case, it will be more juicy.
- The faster the frozen cherries after Assembly, the more valuable substances in it are preserved.
- Not worth to harvest a lot of berries in one package, better if it is packaged in small portions of 0.5 kg.
- The maximum storage time is not more than 1 year.
Frozen berries can be used for cupcakes, cakes and pies. They are added to homemade sweets or boiled compote, jam is done. In the latter case the treat turns out with a special flavor and very tasty.
What benefits dried cherries?
This valuable berries can also be harvested in the winter in the form of crackers. The resulting dried fruit can bring high benefits to the body, as it contains natural sugar, minerals, vitamins, beta-carotene, antioxidants.
- Eating cherries in dried form reduces the risk of diabetes, in both adults and children.
- Helps to reduce cholesterol and weight.
- Increases the body’s resistance to seasonal colds.
- Is the prevention of development of pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
- Normalizes sleep, improves memory, increases attention.
- Anti-ageing effect.
- Fills the daily requirement of such useful elements as cobalt and magnesium.
Dried berry cherry has a pleasant fragrance and extraordinary flavor, any cake or dessert with it becomes a special treat. Drying berries is not difficult, it can be done simply by expanding them in the sun. Only store in the cloth bag, in a dry and dark place.
Video about the benefits of cherries