How to learn to play the guitar from scratch
Would you like to learn to play the guitar, but you have no way to hire a tutor? It does not matter, you can do it yourself. It turns out that it’s not hard, just need to put in a little effort and patience. How to learn to play the guitar from scratch?
How to learn to play the guitar from scratch – the main stages
Before you start training, you need to consider some nuances. Learning this art must take place in stages, in sequence:
- Review the structure of the tool and the basics of music literacy. For this you need to explore concepts such as musical notation, tonality, etc. learn how to build chords. It’s a long process, so just set yourself up for long-term training.
- Explore the different techniques of the game. At this stage you will need all your patience and perseverance.
- When the elements studied and hand delivered, you can begin the practicum. Start with a simple strumming, gradually complicating the task itself. You need a lot of practice to learn to play the guitar independently.
What is the guitar
The main elements of the tool include:
- Lada separated by transverse bulkheads of the area of the fretboard. They are all numbered and start from the peg line mechanism, located on the edge of the fretboard.
- Strings. Classic bass guitar 6 strings. The numbering starts from the bottom. The first string «1» is the thinnest. Accordingly, the last «6» is the thickest.
How to position the hands
The guitar sound is removed with the right hand. In this case, your hand should be relaxed. To achieve this use the following exercise: place your right hand on the knee and alternately wiggle your toes, simulating strumming. After a few such repetitions, you will feel as your fingers become independent and act without your control.
At the same time the left hand holds the neck tightly. To the thumb did not get tired quickly, ensure that it is not pressed too tightly against the fingerboard. It can be straight or slightly curved, but always be parallel to the palm. For convenience, each finger of the left hand is assigned its own number, starting with the first one – the index finger and the fourth the little finger.
How to extract sounds from the instrument
Put the first finger on the first string. Simultaneously, the thumb of the other hand press the string. So you will be able to extract the audio. At this stage, your goal is to obtain voiced sound. For this to work, keep the first finger near the threshold.
Once you have managed to get the desired sound, try to do the same thing on another string. Practice until then, until you fix your skill of producing sound.
While playing the guitar you should sit straight and freely. In order not to distort the acoustic effect can not be too strongly pressed the instrument to his torso.
The main thing in the game on this musical instrument – the ability to take the chords. Depending on the chord, the fingers are on different strings. The right hand always keep in a relaxed state.
During training, the same chord should be repeated many times. Is to do it until, until you’re playing it on an intuitive level, that is to put your fingers on the strings without worrying about the correctness of their location.
Once you’ve mastered the chords, you can move on to more complex exercises – the fight or bust.
How to choose a tool
Before you start studying and try to learn to play the guitar, you will need to choose the right tool. The market today offers a huge selection of guitars. A particular model will depend on your goal.
Choosing the tool, inspect it for possible defects. Look at the neck and its size. After all, this will depend on the usability of the tool.
Tips for beginners
If you want to learn how to play the guitar, you should consider some tips:
- Start developing your ear. For this fit a simple exercise – try to distinguish among the noise of the city, singing birds or other small sound. Despite the simplicity of this exercise, it gives excellent results.
- Learn how to sit and hold hands. If after some sessions you feel fatigue or emotional tension, you must relax. This is especially true if you have started to lose the feeling in my fingers.
- Take your time and do not try for one session to learn as much as possible.
- Do not make too long breaks between classes. Your hands and fingers need training.
- Develop a sense of rhythm. This will help you to take the right rhythm and to perform various works.
- Don’t forget about guitar tuning.
Learn to play the guitar independently. For this main diligence, exposure and regular exercise.