How to install Windows from a flash drive?
The owners of personal computers, often there is a need to change or reinstall Windows. Some just want to change my operating room, and others ask how to install Windows from a flash drive to solve some technical problems.
Most often this is relevant for owners of laptops but the following methods will help to make the setup disk. Overall, the whole process can be divided into preparation of the USB stick, BIOS setup and the boot.
First and foremost, you should devote time to the preparation of the computer itself. The new operating system must take place, in which it is installed. It is best to divide hard disk into two parts, one of which will be allocated for such programs, and the other will be for personal files.
As a rule, the installation of the OS happening in the disk, while the disk D can download all that should remain in the computer. About the same must be done with the stick – if it is necessary files in advance to transfer to another location (even on the same disk D), thus freeing up space for the operating system.
If you want, you can create backup copies of your existing data. If the installation will happen on a new device that was not previously used, then worry about losing important files is not necessary. Enough to make sure that they are not on the flash drive, and you can proceed to the next step.
The operating system entry
To install Windows you need media, 4 GB or above, so often used instead of flash drives. For the selected device will need to record the distribution in format iso. This can be done in several ways, but almost always needs a third-party program.
For example, if you are working with Windows XP, the required tool Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft Image Mastering API 2.0.
- After flash drive is inserted in the laptop, you need to run the program and click the Browse button.
- In the appeared window it is necessary to find the operating system image and by selecting it, and click Open. The Next button will allow you to proceed to the next step.
- In the appeared window, choose «USB device». In the drop-down list, specify which USB flash drive, then you need to click on Begin copying.
- The process is confirmed by pressing the Erase USB Device and So, and then starts recording. Then just have to close the program.
In order to install Windows 7 setup from USB drive), you can use another utility. Quite often used UltralSO. It is easy to find on the official developer site in the Download section. She is paid, but anyone available for a trial period.
- After starting of the Trial period» in the resulting window, find the operating system image.
- Then click on the button at the top of the Bootstrapping, and the list to choose «Burn image hard disk».
- Selecting a pre-formatted USB flash drive, just press the button to Record.
In addition, upload the data on a drive and using command prompt Windows, but such a process is much longer and harder, so it is easier to use external programs. Small manipulations allow to download on a flash drive need an operating system, after which you can proceed to the next step.
The process of installing or reinstalling Windows based on where the files are loaded. You need to get the computer to start the operating system from a flash drive, it will have to change the BIOS settings.
If anyone knows how to launch such a window, he should not try to install Windows from a flash drive (to install from disc will be no easier). It is better to leave such studies for someone else.
- After entering the BIOS you need to find the item responsible for loading devices. Most often in its name contains the word «BOOT», but there are other versions.
- In the right window, select the device that should be booted from.
- Then you just have to save the changes click Save and exit the program.
Then restart the computer. If all the previous manipulations were done correctly, you will see the phrase» Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. In the absence of such inscriptions will need to check the image on a flash drive and correct the BIOS settings.
How to install Windows from a flash drive?
When the coveted black screen appeared, you need to follow written and press any button. The first window will appear that allows you to choose language, time format and keyboard layout. After clicking on Next and Install will start the main process.
- In some cases, a window appears which prompts you to select the version of the operating system.
- After you click Next, a license agreement is displayed that must be taken.
- Selecting a Full installation, you can go to the disk settings. Here you need to specify where to install the operating system. As was previously prepared separate disk, it is necessary to choose.
- For starters, Windows to format, so it does not have the old files. You can then begin the download.
- When the installation process finishes, a window appears which asks to enter username and computer.
Finally, I’ll have to come up with a password (optional) and sometimes need to enter the operating system key. Then have to perform a few settings.
- First, you must select the protection mode – typically used recommended settings.
- Then set the time and time zone.
- If you have a network card, you will need to specify the type of connection.
After that, the installation process is completed. Soon the monitor will display a standard desktop – it’s a sign that everything happened correctly.