How to get out of depression yourself
Depression is called psychological state of the person in which he experiences fatigue, distraction and pessimistic to the world. Some such periods may occur even suicidal thoughts. What causes this condition and how to get out of depression by yourself? These questions concern not only the person who faced such problem, but his close people, who is trying to help him to cope with this problem.
How to get out of depression yourself
If you want to understand how to get rid of depression, you need to determine what was the cause. Only by eliminating the underlying cause and minimizing its consequences, people will be able to overcome depression. The main reasons include:
- The loss of a loved or loved one, your favorite job, source of income or position in society.
- Melancholy, which can occur because of disorders of the nervous nature or poor health.
- Dissatisfaction with themselves or their appearance, poor attitude, inability to find the meaning of life.
- The aggression of other people.
- Stress, psychological or physical stress, lack of proper rest.
- A side effect of some medicines.
Only by understanding what the cause of this condition, it is possible to find a way that will help you to get rid of it.
Those who have appeared depressed, you need to learn to find products that I want to eat and who are able to raise the mood. Give preference to vegetable food, which is better absorbed and does not lead to accumulation of toxins. Forget about fast food, processed foods and other fast food. In their composition contains a lot of carcinogens and harmful substances that negatively affect the health, well-being and mood.
The foods that can lift your mood include:
- hard cheese;
- colorful fruits and vegetables;
- seaweed and fish;
- chocolate (choose a high-quality dark chocolate).
Get plenty of rest
Since fatigue is one of the causes of depression, therefore, in order to cope with depression more and more rest. In these times man can torment insomnia and he has trouble falling asleep and during the night he wakes up regularly. And it interferes with normal brain function who needs 7-8 hour night sleep.
Some try to overcome insomnia, taking alcohol or drugs, but can not do so. But how can we improve sleep?
- Discipline yourself to go to bed every day at the same time. The optimal time for sleep experts call 21.00-22.00.
- Try to relax and create all the conditions for a quick sleep: take a warm bath, turn on dim lights and quiet music, ask family members to make you a light massage, air the room and drink a glass of warm milk.
- Do not overeat at dinner.
- Don’t look in the evening horror movies or action movies and TV shows.
Secure your physical exertion
Why our ancestors never suffered from depression? The fact is that before people move more. Today we moved to private or public transport, at home for us, working appliances, etc. Therefore, if you decide to deal with depression, take time for charging or exercise: run in the morning, join a pool or gym, go for a walk in the fresh air.
Find a hobby
Positive emotions helps the hobby. If the whole day you are in the office performed a monotonous, routine work, then in the evening bake the cake, make crafts, assemble a model airplane or do other business that will be of interest to you. Hobby helps a person to be distracted from negative thoughts, to relax and unwind. And this is exactly what a person is missing in the doldrums.
Tune to the positive
Psychologists say that our thoughts are material. So, if you wish that everything was just fine, behave accordingly. Perhaps now you feel that nothing is good. So try to change the world. But to start, first of all, with yourself, smile at passersby on the street, help people to the best of their ability, take the kitten home from the street.
If you feel that around you there is nothing positive, create positive yourself this yourself. Probably all heard that nothing calms a woman like shopping. For men, this method of getting rid of depression, too. They can buy something associated with their hobby (hunting, fishing, computer game, etc.).
But to fight depression it is possible not only during the shopping trip. Because there are so many interesting things. Go to the theatre for the premiere of a new movie, sit in a cafe with a Cup of coffee or just take a walk in a nearby Park.
Relax, unwind and get rid of the bad thoughts will help change the situation. The ideal option is a journey. And it’s not necessary to fly to another continent. Probably near your city, there are interesting places where you have never been.