How to cook pilaf
Pilaf – a dish that many people love. Although Hindi and it translates as «cooked rice», it adds meat, vegetables and other ingredients.
Many kitchens think pilaf is the national dish. Including Afghan, Armenian, Azeri, and even Indian. In almost all European countries know how to cook pilaf.
The main rules
Depending on personal preferences, when cooking people use different types of meat. Someone puts pork, beef someone, and wishing to achieve a minimum fat content of rabbit or chicken. However, this pilaf, made by all the canons, made from lamb.
What in the pilaf especially a lot, so it’s rice, so it is important to choose the right option. The main elected figure should have a good crumble. It is believed that it is worth buying or Tajik Uzbek figure, as it slightly starch and absorbs liquid.
To make the pilaf will turn out especially delicious, it’s worth knowing some of the subtleties of the cooking process.
- The rice should not float in water, it should never boil – it should extinguish.
- On the taste will have a positive impact spices like cumin, quince, garlic and barberry. The thrill can add pepper.
- It is better to leave the sunflower oil and make a pilaf with sesame or cottonseed oil, or even fat fat.
- What the end result is a dish influenced not only by the ingredients and the cooking process. It is important to use a suitable container. Pilaf will fit a solid copper pot.
How to cook pilaf: recipe
- 0.5 kg of mutton,
- 0.5 kg of carrots and onions,
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- a glass of rice
- 6 cloves of garlic,
Step by step instructions:
- Carrots cut into strips (grater not used), onion – half rings, meat – large chunks.
- All meats (including meat) is placed on the bottom of the cauldron and fried on hot oil about half an hour. Must be periodically stirred. Added salt and other spices.
- After half an hour the top is filled with rice, then poured the water. The fire should be smaller. Rice should be out for about an hour, no need to stir, and it is better not to touch the lid.
- Before the end of cooking in the dish there are the garlic cloves.
- To get the maximum flavor, at the end you can wrap the pilaf in a blanket and hold it there for about an hour.
There are many different pilaf recipes – including meats, utensils for cooking and presence of other ingredients. To find out which is the most suitable, only personal experience.
It is important to remember that the recipe is not a commandment. You can always experiment!