How to cook buckwheat?
Buckwheat is one of essential products in the human diet. It is a source of vitamins and minerals and is suitable for any type of diet, and foods with a high content of calories.
Buckwheat is eaten as a separate dish, served as a side dish to meat or fish, cook soups, cereals make buckwheat pancakes.Dishes made of buckwheat is simple to prepare and practice for everyone, and spoil buckwheat and quite impossible.
And yet, there are some tricks that will help you not only to cook buckwheat correctly, but also to improve its flavor.
How to cook buckwheat according to the classic recipe
- Takes required quantity of cereals. (For example, one serving of buckwheat cereal is usually taken 13 Cup grits).
- Before posting buckwheat in the pan, it should be examined from debris and possible small stones, then rinse under running water and only after that grits can be cooking.
- Prepared cereal is poured into a saucepan and fill with cold water. Water should be twice cereals.
- Salted to taste and put on high heat until boiling water.
- After the water in the pot with the barley boils, the fire is reduced to a minimum, and the pan covered with a lid.
- Mix the buckwheat in a cooking process not necessary.
- After about 15 minutes buckwheat be checked for readiness — the water should completely soak into the groats, and whether grains should be soft and crumbly. If there is hardness, then re-cover the pan with a lid and allow to stand on low heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- After the cereal is fully cooked, it is removed from the heat and add the butter at the rate of 20 grams of butter per portion of porridge.
How to cook buckwheat in the microwave
- To cook buckwheat in the microwave need special bakeware.
- Prepared cereal is poured into a vessel and pour boiling water in the ratio of 1:2. Salt to taste, cover and place in a microwave on full power until boiling water.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the lid and mix again put in the oven for 4 minutes.
- After this time, the rice is mixed again and again sent in the oven for 4 minutes.
- After that you can test the oatmeal on readiness. If you suspect that Krupa did not doweries again in the oven. If up to this point the water in the pot of grits left, a little pour.
- Oil and, if desired, sugar is added to already fully prepared dish.
How to cook buckwheat in a double boiler
- The easiest way to cook buckwheat in a double boiler. Effort required low, but the result is not worse than with any other method of cooking.
- Raw buckwheat is contained in the steamer container for cereals.
- To the same container filled with water. In the case of the steamer, the volume of water taken in a ratio of 1:1,5!
- Further, the cereal is covered with a lid and put on fire until cooked which from time to time need to check. But on average, the cooking time in the steamer is approximately twice increased in comparison with the traditional way of cooking.
- Salt cereal, cooked in a double boiler, it is recommended that after preparation.