How to cook Apple pie?
It’s hard to find anyone who wouldn’t love homemade cakes. Today people can cook for themselves or their loved ones a variety of cakes and pastries, but do not lose their popularity, and good old pies. When people wonder how to cook Apple pie, they think of dessert, like Apple pie.
Today, there are several main options why this dish is named that way. The most common opinion – the recipe called for the name of the person who invented it. Some believe that the author is Queen Charlotte.
Another option is associated with the translation of words from English. To some extent, the original name displays the ingredients used in the preparation of the dessert.
Another version – there was a girl who was hopelessly in love with a lady named Charlotte, and Charlotte was created in her honor.
This dessert is extensively trained in Germany, where it was also spread by the name of Charlotte. Among the Russians it has become a byword for any girl who was born in Germany. Since the crust was bread, the Russians laughed, which the wife of the Germans (i.e. Charlotte) save. This is another version of the origin of the name.
The original Apple pie
This dessert first appeared in English. Then Charlotte spoke some kind of version of the pudding which eaten warm. Preparing classic Apple pie as follows:
- White bread was soaked in butter or scrambled eggs.
- They were taught the prepared cookie sheet.
- Apples cooked with sugar, or made them mashed.
- The resulting fruits were placed on a layer of bread and covered top with another the same.
- Then the form was baked in the oven, and the dessert was served with ice cream and various toppings.
How to cook Apple pie?
The variant of this dish that we all know and love today, was created by Kari Marie Antoine in the nineteenth century. Although initially it is considered to be the Paris Apple pie, but in the world know it as Russian.
A classic for the modern man, the variant is prepared as follows.
- Three eggs whipped with a glass of sugar.
- They added three tablespoons of sour cream.
- In a glass of sifted flour put a teaspoon of baking powder. They can also be sifted together. All carefully mix.
- The flour in parts pour in the egg mixture, mixing until until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Form for baking oil lubricated.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- At this time you need to wash about eight medium-sized apples, cut them into slices.
- Apples can go as the first layer and lay on the dough.
- The last (top) layer should be apples.
- Form is placed in the oven for about half an hour. To determine the readiness can, pierced the cake with a match, and paying attention to the degree it will turn brown.
Perfect combination with apples and cinnamon creates. It can be added in Charlotte in large enough quantities. It is useful and vanilla.