How to configure a router TP-Link
Today, high-speed, unlimited Internet is no longer a luxury. All modern computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones have built-in Wi-Fi module, which provide easy connection to a wireless network. For use of wireless gadgets use Wi-Fi routers that provide Internet transmission. One of the most reliable routers is considered to be TP-Link. After the purchase, many are faced with the question of how to configure a router TP-Link?
How to configure a router TP-Link and log-in interface
Before you start configuring your router, connect. For this you will need network cable RJ-45. Usually it is present in the kit with the router. After you connect to a computer, you are ready to settings.
To perform any necessary settings in the login interface. To do this, log in any browser. In the address bar, enter «192.168.0.1». As a result, you open the login window. Here you must enter the required data including user name and password. Then you get into the settings window of your router.
How to change the password
After the first login it is recommended to change the default password on your original. A new password better be a record somewhere, otherwise if you forget it, you’ll have to reconfigure your router. For this you need to reset to factory settings, to waste your time and nerves.
To change the password go to the «System tools» and select «Password». Then fill in all the fields: «Old login», «Old password», «New», «New password», «Confirm new password». Below the data has been updated, click «Save».
Custom network and Internet
To the router started to send traffic to various devices, it is necessary to connect to the Internet. This can be done in several ways. This requires the following parameters:
- IP Address;
- the default gateway;
- subnet mask;
- DNS (primary and secondary).
The necessary data you will find in the contract that was signed with the provider or you may receive support by calling them on the phone.
To connect, you can use one of the following methods:
- A dynamic IP. This option is the most simple because all the necessary data in this case will be transferred automatically. To do this, open the section «Network» and open the «WAN» where you have to select the connection type, in this case, it will be «Dynamic IP». Find the button «Define» and save favorites. Some providers automatic adjustment is not possible. In this case, you will have to manually register the primary and secondary DNS. Next to the caption «Use these DNS servers» don’t forget to tick the box.
- Static IP. In this case, all the network settings you must enter by yourself. Under «Network», select «WAN» and «Static IP». In window, enter all available fields.
- For this method you will need to enter a username and password. Some ISPs use static IP. In this case, the relevant paragraph is necessary to select a checkbox. Then fill in the free fields.
- This method is almost identical to the previous one.
Configurable MAC address
If your ISP to access the Internet requires binding MAC address of the network card, you need setting it up. Otherwise, Internet access is blocked. To find out whether you need such a binding, during the signing of the Treaty or by calling customer support of your provider.
To configure go to the «Network». Click «mac Clone». Now the MAC address of the router, same as your computer. And the Internet connection becomes active.
Custom Wi— Fi network
For network settings go to «Wireless mode». Here we choose «mode setting». Fill in the fields: «network Name» and «Region». Here you available and other network settings:
- the width of the channel;
- maximum speed.
Some recommend setting security so that the devices do not connect unauthorized users. Under «Wireless mode», select «Protection mode». Note check the option «WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK». Choose automatic encryption and password enter the PSK (network password).