How to choose a TV
The modern market of home appliances impresses with its diversity. Therefore, faced with the necessity of buying a particular appliance, many of us become confused. It is especially difficult for those who are going to buy a TV. How to choose a TV that would meet all your requirements and serve you for many years? What you need to pay attention to when making your choice?
How to choose a TV: basic criteria
Criteria for choosing the TV quite a lot. Moreover, it is important that when choosing all of them were taken into account. How to choose a TV for the house and what to pay attention to when buying?
The first thing we notice, considering any TV – type screen. They are:
- CRT. This option can already be considered obsolete, but each of us is familiar with it. Its advantages include: long operating period and a relatively small price. Disadvantages of CRT TVs: large dimensions and minimal functionality. Moreover, ophthalmologists have proved the negative impact of CRT on our vision.
- Liquid crystal display (LCD). These TVs have minimal thickness, color reproduction and high comparative cheapness. The disadvantages include: burning crystal, which may eventually lead to the screen spots. This type can be called a perfect ratio quality – price. TVs with this screen suggest to choose for the living room.
- This technology is more advanced and is a led backlight matrix. The advantages of such screens include: a high-quality image, the minimum thickness of the matrix, and low power consumption. The lack of one – great price.
- Plasma screens. In the window to retrieve the image using sealed cells filled with gas. They create high-quality image, but consume more electricity than LED televisions. The disadvantages include the fact that, in connection with the peculiarities of his construction, the diagonal of these televisions may not be less than 32 inches.
- Projection televisions. Today they are using questionable demand. They are inexpensive and provide high-quality transfer images, but have problems with fading of pixels and limited viewing angle. This affects the demand for such televisions.
- Laser. Are the latest models and first appeared only in 2008. Such screens are characterized by high image quality and relatively small power consumption. Their advantages also include a longer period of operation. The only one drawback is the cost of laser TVs.
In 2016 the most popular are the LCD and LED TVs.
The second criterion, which is worth paying attention to the screen. On the market you can find models that range from 14 to 80 inches. Most moves can be considered TVs with screen sizes 26-42 in. Choosing the best model according to this criterion, it is necessary to pay attention to:
- The distance of the TV from the intended viewing area. The optimum distance that equals the length of the 3 diagonals of the screen. Therefore, knowing the dimensions of your room, it is not difficult to calculate the optimum diagonal that will be organic look at you.
- The area of the room. Of course, in the kitchen 4*3 m no one would buy a TV with a diagonal of 32 inches. Therefore, in order to choose the right size TV, focus on the area where you plan to install it
- Purpose. If you plan to install it as a home theater, you can choose a model with a diagonal of 55 inches. But if you need a small TV, 26 inch would be sufficient.
This parameter shows the number of pixels. In the new models, this parameter is at the level of 1920*108 or 3840*2160. The bigger this parameter is, the more it will be better image quality. Choose a TV on this indicator should be based on further use. If you watch an analog TV, but to buy TV FHD does not make sense. But if you plan to watch programs in high quality or use the TV to connect gaming platforms, choose a higher resolution.
This parameter is also important. The better speakers recreate the sound, the more comfortable you will be watching TV. Sound quality different model with a built-in Dolby Digital decoder, which is equipped with modern TV.
This parameter depends on the time spent on changing the position of the crystal within one pixel, that is, the rate of change of the picture. If this time is long, you can see the plumes, which reduces the quality of viewing.
Those «nests», where you can connect auxiliary devices. Make a choice, based on how you intend to use the TV.
Brightness and contrast
Usually in any store that sells TVs, for comparison exhibited different patterns, which show the same picture. Some unscrupulous sellers can put up for not very high quality models and maximum values of contrast and brightness, and more high-quality models, to put it in the middle position. Therefore, in this case, you will see relatively the same image quality at a huge price difference technique. This, too, should pay attention. If in doubt, ask the seller to show you exhibited at any of the model settings. So you can compare the picture quality with other models.
The format of the screen depends on its resolution. In older models it is equal to 4:3 and the modern 16:9.
The most popular models of TVs in 2016 were:
Modern TVs offer additional functions:
- Support for 3D format.
- The ability to simultaneously view multiple channels.
- Anti-reflective coating.
- The ability to mount your TV on the wall.
- Support Wi Fi and read the stick.
What is better to choose a TV: summary
To choose the best TV which will correspond to the ratio quality-price, use the following tips:
- Pay attention to what formats supports the selected model. Optimally that it has support for formats XVid, MPEG-4 and WMV.
- View menu. It should be clear to you.
- Speaker power should be at least 10 watts.
- Pay attention to the angle. For quality viewing from anywhere in the room, the angle should be equal to 176 degrees.