How to brush your teeth for their health?
The usual morning and evening cleansing of the oral cavity can be futile if you do not know how to brush your teeth.
The ABCs of dental health
Errors in the care of the oral cavity can lead to serious health problems:
- Disease primarily of the kidneys, GASTROINTESTINAL tract, other internal organs.
- Decrease in immunity.
- Stale breath.
If not properly maintained food remains in the mouth between the teeth decompose and soft acids destroy the enamel resulting in tooth decay. The most expensive and a good toothpaste and brush well-known brand, regular teeth brushing or after each meal does not always produce healthy results. General recommendations for achieving a good result following.
- Time. Guidance cleanliness in the oral cavity must be given not less than 3 min. During this time, the brush will handle each tooth on all sides, and trace minerals toothpaste has time to Express themselves with maximum efficiency.
- Mode. Recommended brushing teeth twice a day is one of those people who have no obvious problems, no braces, dentures, bridges and implants.
- Moment. To keep the mouth clean as long as possible, brush your teeth better just before bedtime in the evening and in the morning after Breakfast. For night in the mouth still formed a kind of plaque that is easily removed by rinsing with warm water.
- Technique. Methods of cleaning the teeth require special attention because they determine the health of teeth and gums.
General rules of brushing your teeth
Before first use toothpaste you should read the recommendations on the package and apply the paste on dry or wet brush. There are necessary amount of pasta: generally the entire length of the bristle. Techniques brushing your teeth simple.
- To keep the brush tilted at a 45 degree cutters and make sweeping movements from the base of the tooth to the edge. Then translational and rotating motion to clean enamel. Not brush your teeth with a force as this will damage the enamel. To clean teeth closed in a horizontal direction sawing movements dentists is not recommended: it leads to abrasion of the enamel.
- Flowing movements to clean the inner surface of the upper and lower dentition.
- Thoroughly clean the teeth, especially at their edges.
- To spend soft massage of the gums in the vertical direction on both sides (soft toothbrush). This will saturate them with oxygen and duration can last 2-5 minutes of extra time.
- The reverse side of the brush to clean tongue from the base across the surface. If the reverse side of the brush is smooth, then you can use a special brush for language.
- To rinse the mouth. Traditionally used normal warm water. The addition of decoctions of herbs or special elixirs for oral cavity will give a fresh breath, strengthen the gums and helps to whiten the enamel.
- Special floss to clean the spaces between your teeth and again rinse the cavity. Be careful: floss possible damage to the gums.
Clean children’s teeth
It is a mistake to think that the mouth of the baby should begin to follow after the appearance of the first tooth: even in infants breastfed can receive the dental plaque with the remains of milk and bacteria. It might lead to baby tooth decay, so clean the gums need or gauze wrapped around a finger or a special device in the form of a silicone fingertip. As soon as the first tooth can be cleaned in a children’s soft toothbrush and special toothpaste.
The grown child is able to brush teeth by following rules:
- Wet the brush in warm water.
- Squeeze a pea-sized toothpaste.
- Move downwards to clear the top row of teeth, then from the bottom up – the bottom row.
- Clean the surface of your tongue from the base to the tip.
- Thoroughly rinse the mouth.
If the child cannot clean the plaque from the tongue, the adults have to clean it with gauze.
Features of care of teeth with braces, crowns and bridges
Modern orthodontic design – braces – successfully corrects the defects of the dentition, but much more difficult to care for the oral cavity. Improper care of teeth and braces threatens to inflammation and swelling of the gums. Cleaning teeth with braces is a special toothbrush. Dentists advise her to always carry and use properly after each meal.
The procedure of cleaning teeth is not difficult, experts recommend to pay attention to each tooth separately, at least 10 sec:
- Position the brush braces with the paste at an angle of 45 degrees. Soft circular motions to clean the upper row of teeth, along the gum first, then from top to bottom in the lower part of the dentition from the outside, then inside.
- Similarly to brush your teeth from the inside.
- Chewing part of the teeth brushing in a horizontal plane in a circular motion.
- To clean the brackets, further cleaning the area around the braces.
- To clean the arc system.
- Brush to clean hard to reach areas between the teeth.
- Gently brush floss hard to reach areas under the braces.
- Rinse the mouth thoroughly with special products.
After healing, the implant and the dental prosthesis belong to the category full of teeth. For cleaning you should choose a soft brush to clean the spaces between the teeth– beam brush or floss-floss. Particularly attention should be given to cleanse the border area between the gum and implant.
Brushing teeth electric brush
The researchers proved that electric toothbrushes bring not only benefits but also harm, since if used improperly undermine the teeth. There are 5 types of electroweak and only one in which the combined rotation and oscillation of the cleaning head. Start cleaning teeth should be applying the paste and then turn the brush. With a number of start doesn’t matter. A broad movement of the brush itself will do, you only need to move it from tooth to tooth.
If you experience any discomfort in the oral region or the emergence of problems with your teeth or gums, you must first pay attention to the stiffness of the brush – it is probably very hard. The cause of the problems may be tooth paste, in this case, you can choose the right, or to seek advice from a specialist.