Cryptogenic sepsis what it is
Many people wonder, cryptogenic sepsis, what it is, and how to treat it. Cryptogenic sepsis is a nasty blood disease, the cause of this infection remains uncertain. It is not possible to say, that led to the formation of the infection, the lesion also can not be determined exactly. At the same time the defeat exposed the lungs, heart, kidneys, spleen. The heart increases in size, becomes infected with a blood infection. In most cases, this condition ends in human death.
Experts are not able to fight the disease, because not even have information about the source of infection, to make certain measures. If the source of infection was known, the treatment may be proceeded would be better for the patient.
The causes of sepsis
- Bacteria (E. coli, Citrobacter, Rothay, streptococci).
- Viruses (severe viral infection that is not tolerated even a healthy body).
- Fungi (yeast-like fungi).
The symptoms of sepsis
Cryptogenic sepsis is a serious blood disease that simply cannot be asymptomatic. Once in the human body get alien substances and bacteria, immediately starts crashing in various systems.
Among the most frequently occurring symptoms include:
- High body temperature reaches 40 degrees. At the time that there is a strong dizziness, rapid heart rate, chills, cold and profuse sweating.
- Bleeding under the skin. In the early stages, this phenomenon looks like a small rash under the skin in the form of small dots. Through these points are similar to purple spots, and then there is hemorrhage, which is not possible to stop it.
- Deterioration of the General condition of health, which is manifested in loss of consciousness, frequent headaches, apathy towards others, loss of appetite, worsening of sleep.
- Yellowness of the skin. The skin loses not only healthy, but also cause changes of the internal organs. Such processes occur as a result of violations of the liver.
- The deterioration of the respiratory system, disorders of the circulatory system. As a result, we can observe a decrease in blood pressure, rapid breathing and pulse.
- Disorders of the digestive system. Frequent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
The treatment of sepsis
As sepsis is a serious disease that requires a comprehensive approach, there is often the need for hospitalization and settlement in a medical facility until her condition improved. Primarily in the treatment are the place to be antibiotics, which must be applied in the early stages of detection of such disease. Antibiotics will contribute to the destruction of the pathogen, and can provide a protective force on the body.
It is important to take treatment under the supervision of a specialist will be able to prescribe a course of antibiotics, after a preliminary examination, sending the patient for testing. Self-medication or the use of folk methods of treatment in this disease would be extremely inappropriate.
In this disease, there are different antibiotics most commonly used types of groups:
During the complex treatment necessary to comply with the therapeutic diet. On the day the body must receive at least 1.5 grams of protein and 40 kcal per 1 kg of body weight.
Only a specialist will be able to choose the correct complex of remedial measures, if the nature of the disease will be curable. Most cases of cryptogenic sepsis not even the most experienced professionals.