Fishing for Dace in winter – especially fishing
Elec is quite common in the fresh waters from Europe to Siberia. The mass of the European Dace is rarely more than 200 grams, and the Siberian – 400, but, despite its modest size, it is quite a popular angling target. With the right approach fishing for Dace in winter can provide the angler a large quantity of this small, but very tasty fish.
The selection of gear
Given the relatively small size of production, tackle choose very light and thin.
1. Rod – absolutely any, suitable for winter fishing. A very handy little «balalaika», already equipped with the spool.
2. Nod – Mylar, high sensitivity. The bite from the Dace is very light and weak, so hard nod simply will not allow her to notice.
3. Fishing line – monofilament diameter of 0.06-0.08 mm Can be set and thicker, but the special will not. Better yet, use fluorocarbon thread, invisible in water, but the high price makes it inaccessible to many anglers.
Mainly fishing for Dace in winter occurs on celkovou a rod with a jig, but the fit and float equipment. In this case, the set of gear you should add a small sinker .
4. Hooks №2,5-3 Patriotic table. The float is matched to the total weight of the equipment. The sinker is tied at the end of the fishing line, and a lead with a hook attached just above. The distance to the sinker and the length of the leash may vary and are selected under different fishing conditions.
The choice of spinners and features
Baits for Dace select the smallest size that the hook was no more than a third of the room.
1. Main models:
– the larva;
– God and others.
2. Color. Depends on the conditions of catching – the color of the water, the weather, etc. mostly use the lure of not too bright colors – silver or lead. But also catchability spinners are copper, yellow and lemon colors.
3. Material. Most often fishing for Dace in winter takes place on rivers with fairly rapid flow. In such cases, use a heavy tungsten lure, able to withstand the current of water. Note: when installing two jigs take lead model, you simply weight each other.
The efficiency of the jigs is easy to enlarge, if you put on a hook bead yellow, red, or white. In cloudy weather it is good to use glowing lures with a drop of phosphorus.
In any case, going to catch Dace, stocking a large number of jigs of different models and colors to pick up in the process of fishing, the catchability.
Often fishermen put not one, but two or more spinners. They are directly on the main fishing line at a distance of 20-30 cm from each other. This is good to use retaining beads during the fishing period between the lures are easy to change, which can lead to an increase in bites.
Features the use of two jigs:
• Lower the bait usually larger. The Dace is often lacking is the top hook.
• If the current is very strong, the lower jig tungsten, and the upper lead. Be the first to play the role of a sinker, and the second, easier, to vary the flow of water, attracting elec.
• Bottom is the bait of a dark color (gray, black, brown), brighter on top (yellow, white, red). The top bait is also decorated with bright beads or a drop of phosphorus.
• You can use both the same and different models. From the bottom up: damn it, ant-pellet, pellet-maggot, and other combinations.
When fishing for Dace on the jig will have to experiment, especially with a weak bite. To rely on a single snap-in is not necessary, so it’s best to grab a few fishing poles, especially because Dace bite and a stationary bait.
Features of fishing
Elec in the winter quite not too actively moving around the pond. Therefore, there are two fishing tactics:
1. Passive. In a certain place, drilled a few holes, which prikarmlivanija and fished in turn. In this case, the main hope of the fishermen on the correct plot and bait, able to lure fish.
2. Active. Involves frequent travel on the ice with drilling new holes. Such tactics, in the case of a Parking pack of Yelets, can bring very significant catch, even without the use of bait.
When fishing on mormyshka angler should thoroughly master the tackle. Too thin and flexible equipment sensitive nod easily distort the movement of the lure, making them edgy, twitchy, that will only scare off cautious Yelets.
Game options the following:
1. Bait for the bottom and a smooth lift-the descent is made by a few careful taps on the ground. If touching the bottom will be fairly easy at this point and will bite. Excess noise ELCA scary.
2. Jig, swaying, rising to 70-90 cm above the ground and descends without the game. The same method will be suitable for fishing on the course, only lifting occur without further hesitation the bait.
To allocate a specific tactic is quite difficult – often need to improvise, while choosing the right game in the course of fishing. The height of the climbs, pauses – all of which can change with the absence or deterioration of fish.
The bite from the elec very careful and if you gape, then it is easy to miss. Indicates bite a slight tilt or lift gate. Cutting should be smooth and neat – the Yelets very soft lips that are easy to cut with a sharp jerk of his tackle.
Often Dace caught on stand-up bait, many fishermen argue that the probability of bites above. This rod is mounted on a stand near the wells, a nod is in a bent position. As the alarm device can also be used and the float.
Fishing for Dace in winter. The choice of bait
The main food of the Dace are various insects and their larvae. Especially catchability baits:
– larva burdock moth;
– the caddis worm.
At the same to pick out the best lure will not work – the benefits of fish are largely dependent on the geography of the place of fishing. Many consider the best nozzle bloodworms, but this may be due to the easy availability of these larvae.
Well proven «sandwich bait: bloodworms-maggot; the moth-larva burdock moth, etc. until the foam ball and bloodworms. In some regions fishing for Dace in winter is on a piece of bacon and bloodworms.
As an addition to the bloodworms are also suitable plant tips: steamed barley, semolina, dough.
It is not excluded biting Dace and the empty jig-asmatico – it all depends on the activity of the fish and skill of angler playing a lure.
The use of bait
Apply the bait when fishing for Dace with ice is very useful. It consists of crushed botanicals with the addition of bait.
– mixture of purchase and briquettes;
– feed bloodworms.
The easiest option is frozen bloodworms, pieces of which were thrown in the hole. It slowly thaws in the water, not only alluring, but also hold fish at one point. Same applies to the purchase of plant briquettes.
With crumbly mixture should assemble small balls with the addition of a small moth (not less than 15%) of such consistency that will allow you to reach the bottom and gradually crumble, spreading the fragrant trail.
When fishing on the course, you should use heavy bait trough. Its mass depends on the strength of the flow – trough needs to stay in place, allowing the water to gradually wash the bait mixture. In low weight it is easy to increase the plate lead.
Search for Dace on body of water
In a familiar pond to find Dace under the ice will not be difficult – he tries to stick to the same places. Particularly attractive to him are areas of hard sand or stone bottom and current.
At the beginning of winter to find it easy – the pack often kept in shallow water up to 3 meters and actively feed. The same thing happens in late winter – early spring, when the ELCA begins pre-spawning feeding period.
In gluhozime fish is kept of the places that are rich in oxygen:
• the border of stagnant water and flow;
• the rapids.
The greater part of the winter day he spends at depth, leaving only the pits for feeding. With the exception of thaw – in those days, flocks of Yelets in search of food can climb even in shallow water. With the beginning of ice melting of large Dace in the rivers can be found near sandbars and Islands.
Depending on the weather, the depth of the stops and feeding of the ELCA may change. If there are severe frosts, the search should start with small depths, gradually lowering the bait lower.
Useful tips to increase catch:
• The best time for catching Dace in the morning. The exception may be days when the wind is blowing from the South-West biting activity may increase to the evening and will last all night.
• In the absence of biting while playing a jig, you can try to change the horizon of fishing, the bait holding up to 1-1,5 meters from the bottom, and continue the game at this altitude.
• Elec very carefully takes the bait, trying to pull her from the hook, so often there are no-load sweeps. Better to wait a while for the fish to taste and swallow the bait, waiting for a clear movement of a nod up or down, and then reel it in.
• Fishing for Dace in winter, the jig can trigger a bite larger fish. You need to be prepared for such a situation and not in a hurry to break a thin line when hooking and playing.
• Elec very careful and it of the sting of the hook, just throw the bait. So the main thing is not to miss a bite.
Despite the fact that Dace does not reach large size, its gastronomic quality is very high. But not only that attracts anglers. Fishing for Dace in winter – a great way to practice in the possession of tackle testing a new lure and wiring, and just relax in nature.