Powdery mildew and downy mildew
The most common fungal diseases of vegetable crops, shrubs and fruit trees is powdery mildew.
Don’t shy away from it and home flowers.
It is noteworthy that one species of the fungus always infects only one type of plant.
You should know the difference. There are powdery mildewand downy mildew – downy mildew.
The first mushrooms growing on the surface of plants. On leaves and flowers appear white as flour powder, coating.
As the progression of the disease, the plaque becomes gray and is striking even the two sides of the sheet. Leaves often curl and fall off.
The mycelium of downy mildew always develops on the underside of the sheet and top first appear bleached, but later transferred to red-brown spots.
Contribute to the development of powdery mildew due to many factors:
- — high humidity;
- — shading plants;
- the low temperature is from 15 to 27 degrees;
- — excess nitrogen deficiency phosphorus and potassium;
Most likely to infect young leaves first 25-30 days after opening. With the help of the wind fungal spores of powdery mildew spread over large distances, affecting a huge area of plants. The prevention of the disease:
- — timely feeding of mineral and organic fertilizers;
- — required thinning of plants;
- — ventilation of greenhouses;
- near plants prone to disease it is advisable to plant garlic and wormwood (decorative);
- — fallen leaves be removed and burned, and the ground under trees and shrubs to handle the ash;
- -plant disease-resistant varieties of plants.
The fight against powdery mildew
There are a lot of special drugs to combat powdery mildew, as well as folk methods. If you noticed the onset of the disease by removing the diseased leaves and flowers, spray the plant:
- -in a bucket of water 50 grams of soda ash and 40 grams of soap;
- -2 litres of water infuse 50 grams of minced garlic;
- -mix the three antibiotic terramycin 100 ml,penicillin 100 ml,250 ml streptomycin;
- -sprayed with 1% solution of colloidal sulfur;
- -4 liters of water take a tablespoon of baking soda, vegetable oil, and dishwashing detergent;
Spray the plants better on a cloudy day, to avoid burning the leaves. Plants try to water
early in the morning by way of sprinkling.
So you will wash spores from the leaves and die from water disputes that are in the ground.
The fungi can remain in the soil, even after wintering they are still dangerous.
The main in the prevention of powdery mildew in the autumn cleaning of all fallen leaves, cultivation under the bushes and around tree trunks.
Mandatory crop rotation, and careful examination of plants is the key to a good harvest.