Pests of currant and fight with them
To feast on berries and currants, you must care for this culture.
No time to blink, as the invasion of harmful insects «cut off» a large part of the crop. And it can happen worse – the plant will die.
Therefore, in the care of the currants (and any other fruit culture), you can forget about prophylactic measures.
And, of course, a pest of currants begin at the first sign of their appearance.
The major pests of currants
In domestic gardens there are many harmful parasites that can harm fruit crops. Below are the main ones that bother currants.
Bud mite prefers to live in the appropriate body of the shrub. There it hibernates and reproduces in parallel the eating of germ leaves.
The swollen kidney is cause to worry about the leaves, if there will be, it will be deformed. This indicates the beginning of serious disease of plants – partial shade.
The fight against mites is as follows:
- — the removal of a single affected kidney or pruning of diseased branches currant with significant signs and burning;
- — spraying of the bushes with different drugs before Bud break and additionally 7 days after flowering. The treatment is carried out with insecticides (Neuron, Fufanon), preparations of sulphur (colloidal or dispersed), folk remedies (tinctures tobacco or garlic).
Another pest of the currant mite, he twist around his thread the leaves of plants, sucking out all the juice. In hot weather the leaves can dry completely, and the Bush – to die.
To deal with the tick can be such methods:
- — obligatory processing of the currant bushes after winter hibernation karbofos;
- several times before the ripening of berries currants are sprayed with sulfur (colloidal) or fungicides (Solon, Akarin). The hotter the summer, the more frequently it should be processed.
Steklenica – «personal» pest of currants. But he is so «secretive» that to identify this «saboteur» takes a little time. On currants only live larvae of the pest, which, developing, gnawing the branches to the viscera. The drying of shoot tips combined with brown cut on them – a sign of «settling» the Bush steklenica.
Measures of pest control are as follows:- to do a routine inspection of the bark for the presence of cracks and detection of weak branches;
- — crop and the destruction of damaged shoots;
- — after flowering, treatment of plants preparations of type of Akhtar or Fitoverm.
Aphids plaguing the culture, there are 2 types. From currant aphid leaves curl. With the defeat of the Gallic aphids, they sometimes swell,
changing the color of. The culprit is a noxious poison that is injected into the pests of currants when you eat her juices.
With this parasite you need to struggle so:
- regardless of the pest currant it is necessary from time to time to spray natural means (infusion of wormwood, tobacco, garlic). For a greater probability can be added to the composition of soap;
- — at the first sign of defeat is periodic processing of the shrub insecticides. The last procedure – 20 days to fruit ripening;
- — the affected leaves should be collected and destroyed.
Hiding inside the fruit the larvae of sawflies, which eat the seeds of berries. The sign of the presence of the pest – the ribbing and the excessive size of the fetus.
- — to prevent the fall of the ground around the shrubs dug up and mulched;
- — upon detection of larvae of the pest, the fruits are destroyed, and the plant is treated with trichlorfon.