Alocasia — care at home
Flower lovers always try to diversify your area of houseplants, to add something new and unusual.
One such plant is alocasia. She came to us from the hot tropics. So there’s so much beauty and decoration.
Alocasia is considered one of the most famous deciduous ornamental plants.
Its powerful silhouette that reaches sometimes several meters (from 20 cm to 2m), fits perfectly into the interior, giving it some flavor, finished look.
In most species of this family are the above-ground stem is underdeveloped. Therefore, the sheets not much, but they look quite large, reaching a length of 1 meter.
Shaped like a dome closer to the petiole oval, and at the end — pick. The surface of the sheet alocasia smooth. He himself is quite elastic, with many located strips and small pores for drainage of excess water.
Alocasia blooms very rarely. Therefore it belongs rather to the ornamental plant than the flowering species. The buds are pale pink, koketso covered by a blue cover sheet.
It must be remembered that this houseplant is poisonous, so you need to work in gloves and to comply with security measures.
The joy of a grower Alitalia not whimsical care. The main thing to remember is to follow some rules:
- -subdued light, but not its absence;
- -moist air, which can be ensured by using a saucer with water and spraying from the sprinkler;
- -heat, in spring and summer-22° C — 26° C winter 18 °C — 20° C;
- -watering abundant in summer and common in winter as the drying of the upper soil layer.
Transplanted plants need in March, the young when necessary, the adults in 2-3 years. Transplant with replacement of land or seated, and with the preservation of earthen coma.
Reproduction occurs by seed, «the children», by cuttings, by division of the roots. When planting seeds alocasia may lose some properties, for example, pestrolistye — diversity.
- -slow growth. Probable cause lack of nitrogen fertilizer. It can be filled with the urea solution;
- -fades the leaves. The reason may be a lack or excess of water. It is necessary to optimize irrigation;
- -pale leaves. Signs of lack of light. This can be corrected, but gradually, accustoming the plant to light;
- -dry ends. The reason may be too dry or not enough moisture;
- -dark spots. Appear when colds and drafts.